Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Scammed!

I've been scammed. As a matter of fact, millions of us have been scammed. Scammed into believing a blog story that was pure fiction. I fell for it completely, until the facts came out and of course, hindsight is 20/20. I'm not going to mention which blog it was, it's been removed from blogspot anyway. Luckily, I never posted the link on my blog.
I hope you will believe me when I say my blog is real! It all really happened- don't ever doubt me. I do not place ads on my blog, therefore I have no reason to profit from my story.
So in honor of my recent experience, I'm posting a new topic called "I've Been Scammed by a Fashion Statement".
Tonight's featured fashion scam involves those "no show socks" that everyone is wearing. What's the deal with those? They're the size of infant booties! I can only imagine the conversation that took place at the Hanes boardroom.
Ok, folks, we need to cut costs. Any ideas?
Yeah, boss, let's take our infant booties that require much less materials to produce, and market them as "Low Cut". Let's make raw, blistered heels a new fashion statement. Let's make it a faux pas for your socks to show.
Great idea! We'll use 1/64 of the material actually needed to cover the average foot!

I totally fell for this scam and bought several packages for Megan, upon her request. I didn't grasp the ridiculous notion of wearing infant booties until I started folding them in the laundry. I was stunned at how small they are! My friend KP said she got tired of the blistered heels on her daughter's feet and she got tired of fighting the battle so she threw them out!
My socks will continue to show around my ankles.
I will continue to buy infant booties for my daughter, all in the name of fashion.
I only regret not saving the ones she wore when she was 3 months old.
I could have saved a lot of money.
And avoided another scam.

Now it's your turn. Tell me a Fashion Scam you have fallen for. Or just feel free to discuss a ridiculous piece of fashion that you wore.

2 comments:

Jin said...

OK, I remember wearing tall socks in high school because that was cool, or better yet, wool socks with tall socks peeking under them! (Shut up, this is Washington we are talking about!) Not a fashion scam though- it hides cankles.

I suck at laundry so that's what people often do for me, but I always find my no-shows in Kailee's laundry because they are TINY!

Linda said...

I have had so many fashion scams I have lost count. One of the latest is a beautiful flowing hair/wig attached to a headband. It is beautiful but you can't make sudden movements with your head or it will start to fall off.

I have fashion scams a lot with hair accessories...the tradegy may be that my hair is the scam and not the accessory.

I have a pair of earrings that are so painful I could cry so they sit in my jewerly box.

Oh and don't get me started on the gurdles and tummy flateners!