Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Orleans

There's 1 good reason to go to New Orleans...


Scott and I can't get enough of it. We ate shrimp 4/4 days we were there.
Of course, that's not all we ate...

Imagine my excitement when we discovered a nearby Greek festival. (In case you've never met me, allow me to explain that I was Greek in my former life but sadly, I was reincarnated as a kid from the Missouri Bootheel, where ham and beans, cornbread and blackeyed peas are served on a regular basis.)

Greek beignets...


Gyros...



Souvlaki...
Then it was on to the French Quarter where we had French Beignets..


Then we ventured to the brand new Insectarium...
Megan and Tinni were spotted in the Bug Kitchen, eating cricket pancakes and other disgusting foods made from creepy crawlies. I told Megan she could never again complain about what I cook for dinner. The girl won't eat beef but she ate a pancake full of crickets.

Fried mealworms...


Superworm Salsa...

Minutes before we left, Emily and Tinni were roasting marshmallows and passing out smores.

When we came home and I unpacked my suitcase, I noticed an oily spot on my jeans. I am unable to consult my Stain Removal Chart b/c I don't know if it was the gyro, souvlaki, baklava, beignet (French or Greek, take your pick), crab cheramie, or shrimp.
It certainly wasn't the cricket pancakes.










5 comments:

cancerwarriormom said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast! I love New Orleans.

Jin said...

What is actually in a cricket pancake?

It couldn't ACTUALLY be crickets?!

Looks like you guys had a great time- it's good to have you back!

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

We love it down there...Cajun country is the best!!! I eat all cajun food the whole time I am visiting..the hotter the better for me :)

Linda said...

Love the photos! Your trip sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Cricket Pancakes??!!?? That's too much even for me! :)