Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quick Post

Congratulations to my friend Holly L. who had the best caption for our vacation picture! Holly, I loved it and your gift card will be on it's way soon.
I am still cancer-free! Scott and I saw Dr. G last week and things still look great! We did have a little communication block for a moment. Dr. G asked, in her accented speech, "how is your memory" and when I looked over at Scott and said "Why don't you tell her", I got a deer in the headlights look from him. Apparently, he thought she said "How are your mammories" and he thought I wanted him to tell her what he thought of my boobs. Otherwise, it was a great visit. Dr. G did say she wants me to see the neurologist again for my continued memory loss. I told her I would never return to the jerk I saw before, whose identity shall remain unknown but whose name is synonomous with the color of darkness. If you remember, Dr. Darkness told me I couldn't remember anything b/c I had too much anxiety and I kid you not, he said Take 2 pills a day and call me in 6 months. I knew I wouldn't like him as soon as I walked in the room. I do not like old doctors. And when I say old, I mean old enough to date my great-grandma.
I continue to have very poor balance due to the neuropathy in my feet. I set a record last week for the most injuries sustained in the shortest amount of time. Tuesday, I fell on the gravel and to quote SpongeBob, "I ripped my pants!", along with the skin off my knee. Friday, I made the mistake of trying to catch myself while falling and ended up with a very bad sprained ankle. I would have been better off if I had fallen, then the knees in my pants would have matched, hole for hole. Instead, I will be limping around for a few weeks.
So that's all for now. Keep in touch!
Michele

4 comments:

Linda said...

I do feel bad for your neuropathy in spite of my facebook comments. :) In the winter Randy always has more trouble with his leg. The cold seems to make it worse so maybe that is happening with you too. I hope if improves over time for you. The memory maybe genetic - sorry mom! lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The "cancer free" part is great news! Congrats! I can just see the look on Scott's face. ;) Hopefully you'll fine a good neurologist that you like.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele,
I can relate with the balance issue. I too fell last week on one knee and have no skin to prove it. It really sucks! It is hard to walk on gravel, in the grass anywhere without a perfectly flat surface. Oh well we will get through! It could be way worse. I am so thankful that all turned out well with your checkups. You are in my prayers and thoughts a lot! Take care!!

Amy Haertling