Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Prayers answered

This morning I don't even feel like I had surgery! I feel great! I took a pain pill at bedtime but otherwise I feel fine. All 3 procedures went fine and I just have 5 tiny holes on my abdomen. Scott made me promise I wouldn't go to work today.
If you got the paper today, the May edition of the Southeast Missourian Jr was included. They printed Megan's essay titled "What stresses me out". She wrote about how stressed she was when I had cancer. It was a very good essay. She is a good writer.
Emily graduates from preschool tomorrow night. I won't lie and say Where did the time go? or Wow, she's growing up fast b/c it feels like this occasion is a long time coming.
Scott and I have a running joke around here about things causing cancer. It seems like everything can cause cancer so sometimes he'll joke Hey, watch that, it causes cancer. I remember about a year ago I used to stop at Casey's on Rt D and get red Powerade. The guy behind the counter told me one morning, You know, red Powerade causes cancer. So I switched to blue, but I guess it was too late!
Just want to say thanks for all the prayers, there is no other explanation for my speedy recovery.
Love you all,
Michele

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, I am glad you are doing so well.
i celebrated my recovery by getting my hair cut and highlighted and a pedicure. my inside and outside is new.
now only if my barbie body would come back.
love ya ,
twylia
Ps. Meg you are a wonderful young lady, you to emmy,

Mister John said...

Cast one vote for a transcript of Megan's article. :)

And I thought it was the red M&M's that did something... or was it the green ones? I dunno. All I do know is the blue ones are unnatural. Candy should not be blue.

Anonymous said...

Michele,
What great pics. It looks like a good time was had by all and you look very relaxed. We are so glad ur making a speedy recovery. Hopefully Aunt Donna will have a copy of Megans essay since we don't live near u 2 b able 2 read it.

Kim and Carley

Anonymous said...

I AM SO THANKFUL THAT YOUR SURGERY WENT WITHOUT COMPLICATION AND YOUR VACATION LOOKED AWESOME. I AM SO THANKFUL YOU ARE DOING WELL. I KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS CONSISTENTLY. MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU AT THE SACHSE'S THIS WEEKEND.

LOL,

AMY HAERTLING