Saturday, May 31, 2008

A very LONG and RAMBLING post about everything.

Something has been nagging me for awhile about the picture at the top of the blog. Now I realize what's wrong; to be blunt, I look um, visually impaired- I have the Stevie Wonder look going on. Scott wants to use this pic for our Christmas cards this year but I say, not before I let my friend Tosha photoshop a different headshot of me. Anyway, vacation feels like a distant memory b/c of all that has happened since we returned. God has been working his magic with me so I will share the events with you. Do you remember the morning I was supposed to originally have my gallbladder out and it got cancelled at the last minute. Well, we were praising God about that b/c I had to run to Joplin and be there for my sister when she gave birth to Declan. Well, last week I had my surgery and had a recovery like no other. I HAD NO PAIN. I DIDN'T EVEN FEEL LIKE I HAD SURGERY. I COULD WALK, EAT, WORK (yes, I went back to work 48 hours after surgery, my doctors would kill me if they knew, although killing me would defeat the purpose of surgery, but I digress...). Thursday night, just 3 days post-op, we got the call about Declan. So I am immediately whisked off to Kansas City, where I am able to spend precious hours with Declan and of course, support my sister as much as possible. No one could possibly believe I had just had surgery. My only problem was bloating, I did look about 6 months pregnant but all I had to do was look at my tubal ligation incision to know that wasn't possible. Yes, I did get my tubes tied. I hesitated to tell that on the blog, I am Catholic and well, Sister Teresa does read my blog (She is a sweetheart by the way, thanks Sister Teresa for all the well-wishes), but I didn't have any choice; when you have an endometrial ablation, a pregnancy is not sustainable in the uterus anymore so I had to have it done, for medical reasons. So basically I had 3 surgical procedures performed and now you see why I am talking about what a miracle it was that I recovered so quickly from surgery and was able to go see Declan. God worked his POWERS twice so that I could see Declan, b/c those were the only two times I ever saw him. Talk about Amazing Grace. Anyway, I wanted to also mention that the NICU waiting room at Children's Mercy Hospital is a lesson in culture- many, many cultures. We were camped out in there for 14 hours and saw everything from unsupervised teenage rock star wannabe's, the pajama-pants-in-public parents, retired FBI agent (he entertained my Dad, and for some reason, asked him several times how the cattle business is doing in Arkansas), and the Amish, who definitely travel in groups. And I know right now you have an image of them parking their horse and buggy in the parking garage but that's not how it happened, they did have someone bring them to town. You are laughing right now, b/c you had that image and I confess that's the first image that came to my mind too.
Wow, this turned out to be a long post, just one more thing before I go. I got the best pick-me-up last night. Mrs Heiserrer's 6th grade class at St. Vincent's has been praying for me every morning all school year. So the last week of school they all made a card for me, and each card contained a joke. I laughed and I cried, it was such a wonderful gift to me! The cards were beautifully done and I will treasure them forever!
Thanks for continuing to read my posts, you all mean so much to me!
Love you all,
Michele;

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Michele I have bad news I have to buy the full version of photoshop so it might be a month or so before I can crop your head lol!!! I think the pic looks good but I will help if i can!!!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I think the pic is great. I traveled this week and was unable to attend Declan's service. I told Donna that Carley and I had looked forward to meeting you. The next time you make it to AR, we will have to have lunch!

Kim and Carley

Anonymous said...

Michele - Leave it to me to tell the truth....you do look a little VI in the photo. I don't think the average person would pick up on it (although now that you've pointed it out, they will :)!) but people like you and me are a little sensitive to that sort of thing! (Brings to mind a certain low tone photo of Jack Henry that the unknowing Penney's lady thought I should order - but that's a whole different story.) That is amazing news about your surgery and recovery. God is good - even when life is hard. - Amy H

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I love it when you ramble , it shows me I am not the only one. I think your pic is neat.
will continue to pray for you.
twylia

Kasey said...

I also am having a hard time remembering that vacation was only less than 4 weeks ago. Our worlds have both kind of flipped upside down. I love that picture! Of course I'm partial to it since I was the photographer. God works in mysterious ways. Praying for you all daily.

Anonymous said...

OK - just looking at the photo again and I think it is just the sunglasses. Megan looks a little VI too and she is no less adorable!