I loved the comments from the last post! If you didn't read them, go back and look. If you're like me, you read Stephanie's story and yelled "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" (Just kidding, Stephanie). And whoever left the post about the fishstick allergy, please sign your name!
I also want to tell you some good news. I saw Dr. G this week and she said I can get my port out! I am so excited! I have a consult with my surgeon in early Feb to set a date.
Today, I am starting a new feature on my blog. I used to read Oprah magazine and she had a feature called "A few things I think are just great". So I am stealing her idea, but I'll change the name so she won't sue me and take away my banged up car and very small house and the $1.00 I have in my wallet. However, even though I am stealing her idea, trust me when I say, you will not see a $150 umbrella or a $75 tin of popcorn. My umbrellas come from Walgreens and my popcorn comes from the Boy Scouts. So don't expect any classy items on the list.
So here is Edition #1 of "A few things I think are just snazzy".
1) The Ped-Egg My sister-in-law, Jenni, bought me one of these for my birthday. It sloughs off all that yucky stuff on my feet. Just keep it in the shower and use it occasionally. I love it!
2) Bath and Body Moonlight Path body cream This is, without a doubt, my favorite line from B&B. The cream is the best b/c it's so thick. And the smell...mmm.
3) Dove Chocolate Seriously, is there a better melt-in-your-mouth chocolate out there?
4) http://www.allrecipes.com/ This is where I get all my recipes...thus, the title allrecipes.com. I even created an account so I could store my favorites.
5) Greta Garmin (Otherwise known to the rest of the world as Garmin nuvi). My job relies heavily on getting from Point A to Point E every day as efficiently as possible. Greta is so great about finding the quickest route. Greta's most endearing feature is her ability to tell me EXACTLY what time I will arrive and recalculating, depending on how fast I drive. Greta speaks to me from the Australian Outback. I am still trying to understand why she can't pronounce some words that are vital to navigation. For example, she cannot pronounce "recalculating", which is what she does when I don't follow her directions. She also lets me type in directions and save them under a name. So imagine how cute it was last week when I pulled up to the dr office and she said in her best Aussy voice, "Arriving at Dr. G". I love it!
So, feel free to tell me what you think is snazzy and I will periodically update with new items too.