Thursday, January 29, 2009

Perspective

Before I begin, I just have to encourage you to read my friend Rotorheads blog post. After I posted about A few things I think are just snazzy, he made his own version of what he would stuff in his man-purse. Hilarious!

It's all about perspective:
I sent a text to my friend Sommer today. She is a stay-at-home mom of 3 young kids who lives about a mile from my house. I told her I was enjoying pretending to be a stay-at-home mom this week, as the weather has prevented me from working. She sent me a text back that said, Funny- I am over here wishing I had a job.



At first glance, it may appear that we have cloned Rain, our dog. No worries, that's just "Uncle Biscuit", a gift from Santa.







We headed outside to practice for the Olympic trials...we couldn't agree on Summer or Winter Games.



Here's Megan, practicing her free throw shots...


We are wondering how many points you get when the ball becomes stuck in the ice-covered net...


I made a music corner in the playroom for Emily and all her instruments, cowboy hats and bandanas...


2 questions are on the agenda tonight. Can you write a few lyrics for Emily's song and can you guess who is on the TV behind her?
Have fun!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny - I have been pretending to be a stay at home mom this week too...and LOVING it. If only I could be a stay at home and still get paid! I read the man-purse list...If that doesn't illustrate the difference in us and them. :) Love the picures. Hugs to the girls for me.

Rotorhead said...

Cash cab. "Cash cab, cash cab, if you lose it's bash cab".


Good god it looks cold there.
-RH

Linda said...

I am glad you are having fun. My kids don't want to do anything with me this week - they want to pretend they don't have any parents and can do whatever they want this week.