Thursday, May 28, 2009

Zip 2005-2009


I'm back! I had a post nearly ready to hit the presses but then we had a sad day and I don't feel like cracking any jokes. We had to have Zip, our 4 yr old leopard gecko, euthanized. It was very difficult to say goodbye to him. Megan is very upset. Emily is taking it well. I have to commend the staff at Deer Ridge. Although this is not our vet clinic, we were forced to use them, as they are the only exotic animal clinic in this area. Their kindness and professionalism will not be forgotten. They knew exactly how to handle the situation, from start to finish.

4 years ago, we vacationed in Gulfport, Mississippi with Scott's brother Chris. When we returned from this trip, 2 things happened. We bought Zip and Hurricane Katrina hit. All in the same week. So I always associated Zip with Katrina. I never imagined that not only would it be 4 years before I would return to the area, but Zip would pass away when we returned. What a strange coincidence.
Goodbye, Zip. See you on the Rainbow Bridge.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Sorry about zip. I know how hard it is when a pet dies. Anyway, it's nice to see that you are back. Take care.
Wendy

Linda said...

So glad you're back!!! But so sad about Zip. The boys are bummed.

cancerwarriormom said...

Welcome back . . . I'm so sorry to hear about Zip. :-(

Rotorhead said...

Good to see you are back writing. Too bad about Zip, but that's a ripe old age for a gecko. Let the girls know we have geckos running around wild in our house (inside and out) eating up all the bugs. I'll get one of my girls to snap a gecko pic for my next post.
Aloha,
RH

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back to writing!!! So sorry about Zip. Losing a family pet is so tough for children. I hope Megan gets better soon.

Co-treated with Cathlin the other day. She told me about a run in you had with a dog named Cocoa (I think). We laughed about the story and other stories of home visits! :)

Take Care,
Shawna

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I didnt realize Zip was 4 years old and what a coincidence!
Have a great weekend.

Jin said...

That IS ironic...

I didn't know that you had been to Gulfport so close to the time that I moved to the area.

I'm glad you are back, I didn't like NOT reading about what you were doing!

When an animal goes down, I always think about them going to doggie heaven- I love the rainbow bridge! I can't wait to see Ty!... hahahaha.

How was Memorial weekend? Did you go by Kraig's bridge?