Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas chitchat

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Emily's Christmas wish came true. I felt good all day and today I feel great too. I have been cleaning out and organizing things but I have to take a break every now and then to rest. Our house is a disaster! There are toys everywhere. Emily's favorite gift is her Clap & Laugh Microphone. She has been performing for us for 2 days. After she tells her jokes, she pushes the foot pedals on the platform and the "audience" laughs or claps. I have been trying to post pics but the blog site is not cooperating. Scott outdid himself this year with my gifts, I got lots of really nice stuff.
Thanks to everyone who sent a Christmas card. We got a record number! Megan just counted the greeting card pics- we have 36!
I looked on my calendar the other day and realized my last chemo treatment will fall on our 13th wedding anniversary, Feb 25th. I am still trying to decide how I want to celebrate the end of chemo. Maybe I'll throw a party! We are taking a big vacation but not till summer. We want to wait until I get my strength back. I have always wanted to go to the Outer Banks so I think that's what we'll try for.
Monday is Round 8. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the prayers!
Love,
Michele;

3 comments:

Kasey said...

I am so glad everything went so good for Christmas. Emily's new toy should make for a fine time next week. Can't wait to see you all!

Unknown said...

So happy that you had a wonderful Christmas with the family. Sounds like Santa was good to you. Tell Emily she needs to make a video for YouTube so we can all enjoy her performances! Anyway we also had a great holiday. The kids were here Christmas Eve (minus Mindy since she lives in Vegas) and we ate and opened gifts and watched movies. Yesterday found us traveling to Mom's and then to St. Louis for number 3 - so far so good-little more tired and tingly but no nausea or anything. Hope it stays good.
As far a celebrating the last chemo-GO SHOPPING! Or maybe a massage, pedicure, manicure and then the big party! I am definately going to be celebrating in May-I told Mike I want to go to Vegas to see Mindy or take a cruise!
Well this has become a little long, call sometime and maybe we can do lunch again.

Sandy;

vman1300 said...

Glad you are doing well and had a great Christmas. If you all drive to the Outer Banks, you will pass within 2 miles of our house on I-40. Better stop by and say hello...

Believe,

Kevin