Thursday, December 20, 2007

Today is Thursday, Tumor-oh is Friday...

2 posts in 2 days, I've very wordy this week. I had another blunder today that my friend Twylia thought was so funny she had to call me. I sent her an email today to cancel some plans but I typed "I need to cancer our plans". Ha! Maybe I'll just start substituting words with medical terminology, I could create my own version of the Redneck Dictionary, like "hey, you want to chemo-ver to my house", "I tried colon' you but you didn't answer". Anyway, I thought that was really funny.
I can't believe I forgot to tell you about my Velcro mouth!!! I had read on the Colon Club about people waking up with a dry mouth and a stuck tongue, but I thought they were exaggerating. The other night I woke up and my tongue was literally stuck to my palate. I actually heard it crunch when I removed it, it sounded just like velcro. Then another night, I woke up disoriented, I didn't know my tongue was stuck. I sat up in bed and tried to say "I need to pee" but it came out "ah nee ta puh". Then I jerked my tongue and it actually ripped the skin right off my palate. Ouch.
Physical therapy is going well. Thank you Christi and Katrina. I am going to Healthpoint, which is where I worked for 7 years. So I got to see all kinds of friends I haven't seen in awhile. I did find out I have the worst posture ever (they didn't say it exactly like that) so they've got me doing all kinds of exercises and changing of old habits.
OK, I'm done talking. My new blankie is calling my name. I got it from Kasey yesterday. Ahh, it's SO SOFT. Emily and I are going to snuggle on the couch. Tonight is a big night for Megan, the new pool at the University opened up and her swim team (Go, Seals!) will be swimming there from now on. She was so excited to go swim in it.
I won't be posting for several days so I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
Love,
Michele;

8 comments:

vman1300 said...

I hope your family has great Christmas. Prayers constantly from our house to yours!

Believe,

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I hope your Christmas is awsome! I pray that you will be able to enjoy it. Post some pics of the girls, I love seeing them!

Becky W.

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Thanks for welcoming us back. Know that I always keep up with you through Donna when we can't get on line and you are always in our prayers....I think we have solved our wireless internet woes! Woo Hoo I am glad you felt like posting this week. It really puts things in perspective to read your girls thoughts for Christmas. I was a three on the tear scale when I read that. Our hope is that Santa grants Emily's wish and that you feel GREAT on Christmas morning. Enjoy the holiday with your families. Carley is dancing in the half time show of the Orange Bowl. So we will be in Miami New Years Week. We will try to keep up on the lap top.

Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

Kim and Carley

Anonymous said...

And a Merry Christmas to you! ("chemo-ver" later was VERY funny!) Hugs to the girls. - Amy H

suzy allee said...

Hi Michele. I'm glad you are feeling better this week. I pray that you will be feeling well on Christmas. Sorry I've not written for awhile, but things have been so hectic at school, etc. We were actually without power for 48 hours in the recent ice storm. We thought we couldn't take it, but we did! We had an early Christmas here today with Lisa, Kenny, Adam, Rashelle, Craig, Tammy, Christopher, and Randy. We had a great time. Did I bake a nice ham or turkey? No, my children always order fried chicken. I would pay them to want something easier. Oh, well, we all enjoyed it. We opened presents, played games, and watched a movie Craig got. We will all go to Mom's Christmas Eve. Kathy & girls were supposed to come down today, but Kathy got the flu Thursday. I think they will drive down tomorrow if the weather isn't too bad. We would be very disappointed if we didn't get to see them. Craig & Tammy are going with some friends to Dallas to watch Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl. They have developed into true Mizzou fans. Randy got a #10 Chase Daniel jersey today. He put it on immediately and wore it the rest of the day. I can't remember if I told you Adam gave Rashelle a ring for her birthday in Sept. They say they will wait a couple of years to get married. I hope so because they are so young. Kyle did well in his first semester, getting a 3.55 GPA. I hope he keeps it up. I have rambled a lot, but thought I would update you on family affairs! We remember you in our prayers all of the time, Michele. I shed a few tears when I read of Emily's Christmas wish. We pray it comes true. Love you, Suzy

Anonymous said...

PRAYING FOR YOU, SCOTT, MEGAN, AND EMILY TO HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND MICHELE,I FERVENTLY PRAY THAT YOU FEEL GREAT ALL DAY. FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS, GOD BLESS!

LOVE,
AMY HAERTLING AND FAMILY

Anonymous said...

You have the greatest sense of humor! Merry Christmas and I hope you feel wonderful all day!

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog , laughing a 8/10 on the scale, my ribs hurt. you are so funny, thanks for cancering our plans with a phone call, it would have been a while be4 I read my e mail. the mr. was dissappointed he would not see the miss untill after christmas and of course my miss is going through emmy withdrawls. call me later to set up when you can chemo-ver.
love ya
twylia