Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lucky # 7

Megan was right. This was lucky #7. She kept telling me 7 is lucky, and she believed I would do better this time. This round went so much better. It didn't start out good. When I got to the chemo room, I asked for the private room and then I hit a 3 on the tear scale. I was scared. I asked for immediate Ativan. So I feel asleep and when they woke me up to go home, I said Wow we weren't here very long today. She said "hon, it's 2:30". I slept almost the entire time. I do regret being so foggy when I met with Dr. Lilly. All I can remember thinking was Oh, he finally got brave enough to violate Southeast dress code, he's wearing jeans. Now that thought is sure to help me with my treatment...I had a whole list of things to talk to him about and all I can think about is the Southeast dress code.
I'm getting tired. I will write more later. Just wanted to let you know I'm ok.
Michele;

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am so happy for you!

Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Michele,
I am so glad you are doing good, once again you have been in my thoughts all day today. Anxiety is setting in this evening with me in anticipation to round 2 tomorrow, I guess I am a little worried about the arm thing and just today I started getting that burning sensation around my lips, in my feet and one finger-weird! I think I may take an ativan tonight! Is the hearing thing getting better-I seen your question on the forum? I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. Prayers are sent your way.


Sandy

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! We should have known that Megan would be right! Sending more prayers (and praises) your way. I was thinking...(yes it does happen)...would a massage be a good substitute for a pedicure? It's certainly less likely to cause infection, but would it hurt or feel funny? Just another thought in my search to make it easier for ya! - Amy H

Anonymous said...

Of course my future daughter-in-law us right, 7 is a lucky # , glad you did so well, been keeping tabs on you.
lots of love and prayer,
Twylia

vman1300 said...

I am so glad that this one was better. I got an email from a friend today, just thought I would share just a part:

"Just a couple things. First and foremost, how you doing bud? I've been trying to keep up with your blog. Reading about Michelle gets tough though. You know my thoughts and prayers go out to the both of you. I can only imagine what it must be like to deal with."

It was from a good friend of mine in Tennessee, Dan. I hope you continue to feel better.

Believe,

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I hope the rest of your week goes as smoothly! God bless.

Becky Wichern

Anonymous said...

Never think negitive always think positive i have seen people with colon cancer before and there is always hope and just remember you have two beautiful childeren and a wonderful husband to be with and they need you

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD ROUND 7 WENT BETTER. I WAS REALLY PRAYING FOR YOU AND EASIER TIME. HOPE YOU KEEP FEELING OKAY, GET LOTS OF REST.

AMY HAERTLING

Anonymous said...

Oh good! I've been thinking about you all week and wondering how things were going. Maybe you're on the downhill slide :)

Pam A.