Sunday, June 15, 2008

Zoo Expansion

To the left, you will notice the newest addition to our collection. If you ask us what we collect, we would definitely say Animals in Need. We are inching our way closer to replicating SafeHarbor Animal Shelter. Katie's mommy had a bad habit of playing in the road, and well...you can figure out what happened. So at the tender age of 2 weeks, she needed a family that was willing to bottlefeed her, change her poopy pants, etc. Did I say "family", I should have said A MOTHER WHO IS WILLING TO DO ALL THE DIRTY WORK WHILE THE KIDS GET TO PLAY WITH HER FOR 5 MINUTES BEFORE GETTING BORED. Anyway, Katie is WILD. This is the only pic I have of her b/c she never stops moving, kinda like Emily. They are a good pair.

Scroll down to the bottom of the blog and you will see a parent's proud moment. Emily takes horse therapy at Mississippi Valley Therapeutic Horsemanship. Saturday, they had their first official horse show. Didn't Scott do a wonderful job picking out her outfit? I was so proud of him for bringing it home. He said "hey, I still have it in me" (have what, I don't know but I'm proud anyway). Emily strutted herself around, kicked up the dust with her boot heels and was genuinely hot stuff. She got so many compliments on those green boots. And she got a trophy, which has been a lifelong dream of hers (I know she's only 5 but hey, a girl can dream).

I will now give an update on my woes. I have (almost) found a new oncologist, I am in the market for a new housecleaner, my lip is healed, my hair is highlighted and my clothes fit again.

Finally, I have to say that even though it's Father's Day, I managed to get a gift today! Scott took the girls for the day and I have had a day of solitude! So, I cozied up with a cocktail and some chocolate and I have had a wonderful day! Scott even took the dog. I tried to sneak Katie the kitty in the truck but no luck there...

Have a great week and email me privately if you have a housecleaner that knows how to maintain a clean record!

Love,
Michele;

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your zoo expantion , Brooke and Paul always ask for a kitten and now I know right where to send them. Glad your clothes fit now, I am still working on that one.
Twylia

Unknown said...

Tell Emily I love her green boots! Looks like she had fun at her horse show. I am glad you are finding a new onc, let me know who it is - maybe we can carpool to St. Louis together!!! Hope all else is going well and you enjoyed your day!

Anonymous said...

Emily is a knock-out in the cowgirl outfit. Scott gets a thumbs up for that one. Hope things are going well. Take care!

Becky W.

Anonymous said...

It is great that Scott wants to spend his father's day with his kids. My sweetie would rather be without kids to celebrate being a dad...go figure.

Linda

Kasey said...

That Katie is as wild as they come! Running up your pant leg, climbing up the side of ALL the furniture and latching on when you try to pull her off. As for Ms. Emily I have a feeling those boots are going to be a part of her daily attire for awhile. :) Loved the outfit though.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition!

I LOVE the outfit and the green boots! She is adorable! I totally spaced out about yesterday as I had planned to go. Tell her I am quite proud of her trophy. She is a star!

Glad to hear you are on an upswing. I like the hair. When you get a new housekeeper, let me know if she/he is good...or maybe I'll pass on that referral. :) Amy H

vman1300 said...

Love the new addition......I would add a few kittens, but Brenda dosent want any more. Me thinks we need a whole houseful.....

Take care my friend.

Believe,

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Emily looks great. Cool boots. Glad u r on the way to a new Dr. Donna told me the housekeeper story.....scary! As always ur posts entertain me. Carley is gone for 6 weeks....so I'm getting my first taste of empty nest.... sometimes I like the solitude and sometimes not so much..... and I have to empy the cat box when she is gone! Ewwww!!!! There is no such thing as a FREE KITTY.
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Kim & Carley