Thursday, June 5, 2008

Woe is Me

Yesterday's post gave the impression
of a deep dark depression;
Sorry about that,
I needed a venting session.

It's been a bad week
My lip is swollen and bloody
Got in a fight
With my toddler buddy

Scott confesses to me
My hair has turned gray
He says are you going to color it
RIGHT NOW? TODAY?!

Emily said I feel sick
I said Find something to do!
I had no idea
Her temp was a hundred and two

I open the newspaper
And scream What the Heck???
My housecleaner is WANTED
For writing bad checks

Lilly is gone
I already talked about that
Oh I forgot to mention
I'm also getting fat

My hands are numb
I'm still losing my shoes
I think I must have
The After Cancer Blues

Love to All,
Michele;

7 comments:

aesparks said...

Michele,
All of that IS way to much to handle in one week-any one of those things could set me off on any given day! I wish I knew the answer to make it all easier, but I don't. Just know that I am still praying for you!

Love,
Amy Sparks

Jin said...

Stuff will happen;
Sick kids & gray hair.
Not to mention the occasional
encarcerated housecleaner.

When life gets you down,
someone's always around
if you need help on the rebound.

Anonymous said...

Michele,
oh my gosh,
what a week, heads up baby, it will all be okay. Housecleaners come and go, doctors do to, sick kids and gray hair are temporary.
Just know I will still be praying for you, someday you will look back and laugh if your not already.
laughter is the best for life.
twylia

Anonymous said...

Oh my word - you crack me up! You are a fantastic writer! I love the poem. :) That is a ton of stress for one mamma. You've survived worse weeks than this so 'chin up.' It always gets better. Grey hair does suck - I found mine last June (the 12th, I believe) and Heidi has been doing hair magic every few months since! Amy H

Unknown said...

Michele,

I am sorry you have had such a bad week. So many things going on, it does get a bit overwhelming at times. I can definately relate to the gray hair. Mine is coming in all gray and is about an inch long and I look like I have a spiky mohawk going on. It is crazy. I can relate to the sick kids, our 18 year old has had a terrible cold which the doc said was allergies. I really need a housecleaner, I am sick of cleaning it myself! As far as your doc, man that really sucks. I don't know what I would do if my onc left because like you said you do develope a very close relationship with them. Hang in there and hopefully they will recommend you to a great new doc! I always tell myself there is a reason for everything. I will say some extra prayers for you tonight.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT PICTURE! Good choice! How lucky are you that a picture in a swimming suit is a fantastic picture!??! Amy H

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!

Linda