Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On this date...June 25th

Ok, it won't be June 25th for a few more hours but I have some time tonight so I thought I would go ahead and talk.
Let me start by saying I went many years without a family doctor and had full intentions of finding one but I kept procrastinating. Last June I got gout in my elbow and it was very painful so I said enough is enough, I'm finding a doctor. I chose Dr. Bieser b/c I had heard such wonderful things about him. Of course, I couldn't just run in and get treated. I had to schedule a physical exam/new patient appt. By the time the appt came, my elbow was fine but I went to my appt anyway. My appt was June 25th. I can remember spending an hour with Dr. Bieser, going over family history, talking, etc. I liked him immediately! I said several times that I was very healthy and he would probably not see me very often. My words were "I'm the picture of health". He then told me I had a small amount of blood in my urine. I was surprised but not really worried. This had never shown up before. He said it probably wasn't serious but I needed an antibiotic anyway. He prescribed Levaquin, which is a drug I had never taken before. Scott and I were getting ready to go to Vegas in a few days and so he told me to come back in for a retest when I returned.
That night we went over to Scott's parents for a shrimp boil. Scott's brother Chris and his friend Tinni were in town from New Orleans and they brought bucketloads of seafood and some cajun recipes. Megan and Emily were in Arkansas with my family b/c Scott and I were going to Vegas. So it was an adults only night, full of good food, wine, and lots of laughter. Very relaxing. Tinni is a great cook and she really spiced up the food, especially the corn and shrimp. So we all laughed about how that food was going to feel on it's way out...you know, burns going down and burns coming out. Shrimp usually makes a very quick exit for me and boy, did I eat a lot of it that night. Life was really good that night. We were so excited about Vegas. We had not vacationed alone since the girls were born.
Next episode: June 27th Vegas here we come!!!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Okay I cant wait to get ahold of megan and her medals that would make some good story telling pics!!! Megan if mom will let me borrow you Im going to!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG ( as Brooke says) Tell Meg we are so proud of her. Way to go !
Love ya,
Twylia

Anonymous said...

I have goosebumps.

Linda