Saturday, March 22, 2008

Declan Update...My Update

Baby Declan continues to fight like a real trooper! I got to spend about 20 min in the NICU with him yesterday, the nurse let my sister pose him and I took pics. I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave him. I can't believe how much my sister and I have switched roles. I remember when I got sick, she had a hard time leaving and then when she got home, she had guilt b/c she felt like her life was going on and I was fighting for mine. Now I feel the same way and I completely understand what she meant. I think about him constantly, just wondering what he is feeling and is he in pain. I work with preemies every day but I never see them when they are this small. So it was really hard for me, but then again, it gives me a new perspective on what families go through.
Someone asked how to pronounce Declan's name- it sounds like DECK lun, just in case you were wondering.
The week coming up is a busy one. I see Lillyhammer on Wed and my surgeon on Thursday. We are really unsure about whether to do the surgery b/c we are going on vacation soon and I don't know if I should do it before or after. Take the risk of not being healed or risk a gallbladder attack? I also have to schedule an appt with gyno to decide how to deal with the other issues I've been having. I have to decide if I want the endometrial ablation done- I bled so bad last week, that was why I needed 4 pints of blood. I have so many drs and so many issues right now, it's hard to coordinate everything. When I was in the hospital last week, no one could seem to figure out how to make a decision. Now my family doctor is involved again since I'm no longer on chemo. So I had onc, surgeon, family doc and gyno all trying to make decisions. I will tell you Lillyhammer was so mad when I told him what his nurse told me last week when I called about the bleeding. Did I tell you what she said, I can't remember, she told me to take my problems elsewhere since I was no longer getting chemo. Can you believe that??? Oh, he was SO MAD when I told him. He said he NEVER turns away a patient who is having problems, especially since I am only 5 weeks out from chemo.
Gotta go, a quick rest on the couch is just what I need right now. I am so tired and it's not even noon yet.
Love,
Michele;

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Nicu babies are special, I had one ( not premee) It is very hard to leave.
Glad Delcan is still fighting. Tell his mom prayer are going up.
I will pray for you and your situations you are going trough. One thing for sure life is not boring.
love twylia

Anonymous said...

Michele - I had the endometrial ablation done a couple of years ago and had no problems whatsoever afterward. It sounds like you are having some of the same symptoms I was having. I would recommend you strongly consider having it done. I know you have gone through so much already but it is much better than the alternative. I had my tubes tied at the same time. If you have any questions, e-mail me.

Tammy Allee