Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Foot Files...continued

I loved reading all the responses from the Moms! Now I don't feel so bad!
Tonight Megan and I went for our pedicures. Megan chose Colon Star Blue, I chose Inflammatory Red, in honor of my gallbladder and uterus. (If you have been reading my blog since last August, you will know that I always name the pedicure colors according to my cancer experience). I will try to post a pic. Unfortunately, it was not the best pedicure I ever got. With my feet being numb and my toes tingling, it didn't feel real good. Then the lady sliced my ankle and I was bleeding. But we had fun spending time together, just Megs and me. The highlight of the evening was meeting a nice lady at the salon; we were chatting and I was telling her about our upcoming celebratory vacation and believe it or not, she said she has been praying for me! She couldn't remember who told her but she had me on her prayer list. She was so happy to know I was doing well. This is the 3rd time I have met a stranger who has been praying for me!
I know I have talked a lot about my feet, but sometimes I crack myself up at the situations I find myself in. Sunday I went out and got the paper and I had on Scott's crocs. I came in the house and thought Oh, I think I lost my shoe when I climbed the step. So I searched and searched for it and then I found it on my foot!!!
Ok, gotta go. Keep in touch!
Michele;

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, it has been way too long since i have been on the blog. i just caught up tonight. You are soooo funny. I love your blog. I just know you are meant to be a writer! Is there a way for me to get an email when you enter a new message? I have been able to do that with Declan's blog.
Please tell Kevin I said HI and we wish him well.
Donna

Anonymous said...

I'll continue to pray for you - and your feet! I'm up for a girl's afternoon at the spa next time you need a pedicure... - Amy H

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele. I wanted to tell you good luck with your surgery. I know you will be glad to get it over with. My toe dr. now wants to remove a mole from the inside of my left second toe. Doesn't that sound like fun? What I've really been dreaming of is more shots in the toe! Remember I just did that with my big toe. He says I will have to wear some big boot of a thing for three weeks afterwards. Doesn't that sound extreme? I don't think he is amputating my toe! He said I might also need crutches for balancing, etc. I told him I didn't have enough arm muscle to haul this fat old body around! Anyway, if I'm not having one foot problem, it's another foot problem. And, yes, I am still taking pills trying to get rid of this toe nail fungus. Yuck! My surgery is May 28th. Enough of that! I will be praying for you on the 19th and that you will have smooth sailing after that. Are you still getting to go to the Outer Banks? I hope so. Say hi to the dolphins for me.
I got called for jury duty last month, but the trial got cancelled at the last minute. I woke up sick yesterday morning and knew I had a sinus infection, but I had gotten another summons to report yesterday for another jury process. Unfortunately, I was chosen as a juror. I was thinking, can't these people tell I'm sick? Do they think I look this way all of the time? Who knows? And what a day it was! We had to be there at 8:30 a.m., but they didn't even start talking to us until 10:30! Anyway, it was 7:45 last night when I got out of there. I had meant to go to Randy's baseball game at Taos. Of course, that didn't happen.
For other family news, Paul is busy taking care of 14,000+ 1-day old turkeys. Adam is no longer engaged, which is just as well! Christopher now has a girlfriend from California. I've been going to lots of the boys track meets and Randy's baseball. I took off two afternoons one week to go to track meets. I figured if they didn't like it, they could fire me. At this point in time, nothing is more important than being Grandma. Adam graduates from his program at Linn State Tech this Friday night. Kyle has one more week of classes at Mizzou after this week. Mom had to have four or five teeth pulled and a bridge made for that. She seemed to get right over it. We had a really nice time on her birthday. All of our family were there. We got her a flowering plum tree and planted it in her front yard. She was very proud of it. Lily and Jessie are really growing. Jessie likes to put on a cape and go jumping and flying around, calling herself Super Nina. We don't know where that came from!
I've rambled on long enough. Just know that we are thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. Say hi to Scott and the girls, and of course, Marilyn and Pete. Love, Suzy

Anonymous said...

Hey girls!

It's been too long since I've seen your blog. Take care and I hope you have a successful surgery!

Becky W.