Monday, September 8, 2008

More of this and that...

I often think of things I want to write about on the blog but then I don't jot them down and they are lost. I am trying to compensate by writing everything down but I realized last week that writing doesn't help when the book gets lost too. I find myself repeating "I put it in a safe place" but a safe place doesn't help when you forget where safe is. Most days I am willing to admit that I have limitations but there are exceptions. Like the day I was driving to my friend Kelley P's house and I called Scott in tears and said "Kelley's street isn't where it used to be!"



I am not above begging for a hookup. Blake Shelton is coming to the ShowMe Center and if anyone out there has connections, I would give anything for a backstage pass, a hug, anything. If you know me, you know how much I love Blake Shelton. No sexier man has ever walked the planet. (Kasey is laughing and rolling her eyes, she just spent a year in this house listening to me talk about how amazing he is. Every time his video would come on CMT, I would collapse onto the couch. Oh, yeah, most of the time, I was already collapsed on the couch...)



Ok, now on to more serious things. My very good friend Kevin (vman) got some very bad news last week. His cancer has returned to his colon so now he has it in the colon, liver and lungs. If I had not been driving when he told me, I would have fallen to my knees. I have been so devastated by this. Kevin means so much to me, the thought of him having to go through surgery and more chemo again is just more than I can imagine. Kevin has had 20 rounds of chemo already. I am calling on everyone I know to pray for him and his wife Brenda.



I want to say Congratulations to my Mom!!! She has a clean colon! Way to go Mom! I love you!



Check out the new pics I have posted! Scroll down to see our prize-winning dog!



Thanks for checking in on me,

Love,

Michele;

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your post. Good luck with getting a hook up! I am so sorry to hear about Kevin. I will be praying for them.

Linda

Kasey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasey said...

Every time I think of Blake Shelton I think of you! haha. If I knew of any way possible to get you that hookup I would totally get it for you. I'm so sorry to hear about Kevin. As usual I will continue to pray for them.
Love you all so much.

Kasey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Prayers going up.
Twylia

Anonymous said...

The dog pics are hilarious. You are the only person I know who would think to dress their dog up like an italian dish.

We'll pray for Vman. Sorry I missed you today.

Pam

vman1300 said...

Thanks so much for posting up the results of my last scan. And thank you all who are praying for us....

Believe,

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Michele,
The pics are great. Carley has been extremely busy since school started. I will add Kevin to our prayer list. I will ask that God touch Kevin and bring him through the treatments healed. Please add my friend Laine to ur list. Laine delivered a 3lb baby on Aug 27. She wasn't due until October. Baby Leighton has already had one surgery for a heart issue... they are special to us. We saw them on Labor Day. Take care and good luck finding ur journal.

Kim and Carley