Friday, September 26, 2008

If we had it...

There is a legendary line spoken in our house that has been around for many years. When Barnes and Noble opened up in Cape, Scott and I went in there to browse. I was looking for a specific book so I asked an employee if they carried it. He stood there and said (and I quote) "If we had it, it would be on the shelf". So we refer to this statement whenever we get bad customer service. Today, I was in a store that I normally don't shop at and I couldn't find a certain line of clothing. I asked an employee Where is the Lands End section. She pointed and said "It's over there unless we moved it".
So this afternoon, I called the Osage Center and here is the conversation:


Hello, Osage Center, this is Kade


Hi my daughter has a party there tomorrow and we have a pinata and I was wondering if you have something to hang it from


Hold on, I'll check


Ok


Hello Osage Center this is Jenna


No, I'm on hold with Kade, he's checking on something for me


Um...as far as I know, I'm the only one here


Excuse me?


I was told I'm the only one working here today


But I just talked to Kade


But I was told I'm the only one working here today


You don't understand I JUST TALKED TO KADE, he's checking on something for me


I think you need to call back and see what happens b/c I was told I'm the only one working here today, I'm working in the weight room and...umm...I was told I'm the only one working here today.


Ok


So I hung up, called back and Kade answered, put me on hold and then I hear:
Hello, Osage Center this is Jenna


PUT THE PHONE DOWN. JUST PUT IT DOWN. NOW.


I believe if we had Customer Service, it would be on the shelf. Unless we moved it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! That was the future of our country you were talking to. Kind of scary!

I hope your birthday party goes well. Sarah can't decide what she wants to do for hers. Something will come up. Have a great weekend.

Becky Wichern

Anonymous said...

That is to funny, have a great party.

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is so annoying and funny!

Linda

aesparks said...

Oh that cracks me up! That is so typical! Thanks for the laugh! Hope you had a great party!

Take care,
Amy :)