Friday, April 17, 2009

Lesson in Amish Living

Whenever we make the 6 hour drive to my parent's home, we travel through the outskirts of an Amish community. There are signs on the highway that remind us to "share the road" with the horse and buggies. We always look for any traveling Amish families, and we usually see at least 1 or 2.
Being the Mother that I am, always trying to teach my children something new, I decided Emily needed a lesson in Amish living. So I began to explain how the Amish live. No electricity, no cars, no televisions, no computers...
Emily interrupts me when she hears "no computers".
"But Mommy, what do they use?"

"Nothing honey. They don't have computers at all."

"But Mommy, How do they send their emails?"

2 comments:

Linda said...

That is so funny!

Lisa said...

How do they blog? How do they check Facebook?