Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Salvage Joy

We have added some new terminology to our household lately.

Salvage snacks, Salvage drinks, even Salvage supper. That's right. Tonight we served our children a Salvage supper.

I have gone Salvage Grocery Store crazy. I'm hooked.

Every week, I come in the house, dragging bags containing numerous items that quite simply, didn't sell the first time around.

Where else can you buy 8 Pria bars for .99cents and a pound of Starbucks coffee for $1.99.

I've shopped at Salvage stores before but never one like this. It's a crown jewel nestled in the hills of Bollinger County.

I realize no one will ever eat at my house again. But if you do, I promise never to serve a box of outdated Mac n' Cheese.

I'll save that for the kids.

Here's my favorite product...

Although it's not labeled as such, it's an appetite suppressant.
One bite and you'll lose your appetite for hours. Eat the whole bar and you'll not eat for days.

6 comments:

Busy Mama said...

Just have to tell you that I am SO enjoying your blog. What a fun spot!

Stephanie said...

Michele,
Get me some of those Soyjoy bars .....I need to quit eating for days so I can reach my goal! You are a funny woman :)

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

We have a "Dent and SAve" close to our house and I am the number 1 customer I swear. If it doesn't smell bad, its eatable!

amyaj said...

Feel free to drop one of those wonder bars by my house any day!

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I forgot....Yard Sale at Jin's this weekend. We will be having a good time so stop by if you can...it would be awesome to finally meet in person. All prooceeds go to March of Dimes, and we are selling candles and baked goods too. Hope to see ya...7-?

Twylia said...

Your a riot! Dents and Cents is awsome. I have rediscovered Aldi for some items. The kids love the fact you put in a quarter for the cart then get it back when you are done.
Send me a soy bar, I need to get serious again and loose another 20 lbs. my goal is to be fit by the time I am 40 , which is my next b day.