Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Girls

I love my precious girls.

And I love all that they are.




Tonight, while I was cooking supper, Emily brought this to me and said "Let's play Church. I made this- it's Jesus dying on the cross".
So, she conducted Mass, complete with songs, homily, Eucharistic prayer, bringing up the gifts and partaking in the Body and Blood of Christ. She even made me kneel on the floor, to which I promptly fell backwards into the stove and stifled my laughter as she continued the Mass without skipping a beat. After a rather lengthy Mass, I whispered "supper is ready". Several minutes later, as Mass continued, I whispered again "Supper is ready. Fishsticks"
Then I heard "This Mass is ended. Let us go in Peace".
It was one of my proudest moments as a parent.

Speaking of proud, Megan is swimming a 500 yard at the meet this weekend. That's a lot of laps.
You Go, Girl.

4 comments:

amyaj said...

Tell Emily that I love her and I miss her!

Anonymous said...

Michele, your girls are just precious. I had to read this story to Ray it is too cute. Tell Megan we will be cheering for her this weekend! She could probably do a 1000 laps in my small pool! haha

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

I love that she can repeat mass..this is good to know when I miss church

amyaj said...

I like the new photo!