Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Up...barely

Well, I'm out of bed, I guess that's progress. Still not able to work. Here's what happened Monday. Twylia, my good friend, took me to chemo. This was a blessing that she took me. She is also a nurse. I needed her. I got sick about 3/4 of the way thru chemo. I was vomiting, felt sicker than I had ever felt since this all started, I basically thought this round was going to do me in. So they gave me Ativan and Phenegran. I have never had this as a combo. So I started hallucinating. And getting upset b/c I was talking to all these people and then they would disappear. Twylia kept me calm but I didn't understand what was happening. So finally at 4:00, after spending nearly 7 hours in the chemo room, I was whisked home to bed, where I stayed for 2 days.
I'm so glad I got to spend Thanksgiving with my family last week. I felt great and we all had a good visit. I have decided I am not taking chemo Christmas week, I am delaying it a week. Which means I'll be hooked up New Years Eve, so I won't be ringing in the new year. Oh well.
I'll post more later; I am just so weak. Thanks for the prayers.
Michele;

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele, I have been praying for you all day. As I sat and received my first chemo, I asked God to wrap his loving and healing arms around both of us. I also asked a Sister at St. Johns to pray for both of us. So far so good for me although I am getting tired. I was given about 7 different drugs for nausea and nerves and pretty much slept thru about half of my chemo. I had access problems with the pump but after walking around and waving my arms like a chicken, they finally drew blood. I also have this dreaded pump-can't wait to Friday. It is such a fashion statement. I want you to rest, pray and know how many people are cheering you on and when this is done for both of us we can look back on it and know it was worth it when we look at our children and husbands. Love ya girl,

Sandy;

Unknown said...

Lunch sounds good. So far I haven't noticed much change in taste although the cold sensitivity has definately set in this morning. Don't touch cold eggs!!! Ouch! I had some really bad indigestion last night, but some crackers in bed (my husband said he would excuse the crumbs this one time!) helped. I slept 12 hours boy did that feel good. I think I am just wore out from worrying about chemo the last week. Give me a call or drop an email when you feel like doing lunch. Prayers are still coming your way!

Sandy;