Thursday, November 1, 2007

Back from Chemoville

I'm back from my trip to Chemoville. I've decided that getting chemo is like taking a trip. I don't know how many days I'll be "gone". In my last post, I mentioned how I don't take calls on chemo day. That's b/c there's no cell phone signal to my tower (aka my brain). If you do manage to talk to me while I'm tripping, I may sound fuzzy b/c the "signal" is weak. Dr. Lilly's nurse practitioner did confirm for me that "chemo brain" is legitimate. I will say Round 4 has been the easiest so far. Dr. Lilly cut the Decadron to less than half and gave me a shot of something else. It must have worked b/c Monday was the only day I felt psychotic.
I ended up staying home last night. I was so tired, I knew I didn't have the energy to trick-or-treat with the girls. So Scott and his mom took them and they had a good time. I laid on the couch and watched a documentary about Amityville Horror; I decided I could write my own documentary called Cancerville Horror. Think of the similiarities- I've been slashed open twice, body parts removed, foreign objects put in, drugs and more drugs, hallucinations, screaming fits, hey this really has the makings for a movie...
One last thing, my platelets were down to 78. 50 is the cutoff but Dr. Lilly doesn't think they will drop lower than that. In other words, he doesn't foresee chemo being delayed. But then again, he is an eternal optimist. He always sees the bright side of everything. I am so grateful for him. No matter what my side effects are, he is ready to try something new to help alleviate them.
Ok, gotta go get a Neulasta shot to help build those platelets. Thanks for all the prayers. I know I am only surviving by the Grace of God and all of you!!!
Oh, just a couple more things. If you could just stop what you are doing right now and say a prayer for a little boy named Matthew, that would be much appreciated. He is a little guy who just turned 1 and he is very very sick. He is undiagnosed at this point, but we know he desperately needs prayers. He has a website on www.caringbridge.org/visit/mattheweakins
Also, I wanted to tell you that Shawndra Turner is going to be in the audience at the Oprah show on November 8th. We are all hoping she will get a chance to talk to Oprah while she's there. Numerous people are emailing the Oprah show asking them to talk to her. This is Shawndra's dream- to be a guest on Oprah. Good luck Shawndra!
Love,
Michele;

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that your trip to Chemoville was short this week! You are winning this battle! I will pray that your trips continue to get even shorter so that you have more time back at "home". Take care! You are amazing! Keep the faith!
Amy Sparks

Anonymous said...

girlfriend, it's been too long! i'm so glad you have this blog to keep the people who care about you updated. thank you!it's so good to see that your sense of humor remains...
you and your family are in my prayers! you go girl!
aimee cairns

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

Hey Michele,
I am from the Cape area and just wanted to let you know many people are thinking of you and praying for you! Stay strong!
Alaina

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD CHEMO WAS A LITTLE EASIER THIS TIME MICHELE. ALLISON, JACKSON AND I PRAY FOR YOU, KATE LIPKE, AND MATTHEW EAKINS EVERYNIGHT! WHAT A SMALL WORLD THAT WE BOTH KNOW THE SAME PEOPLE. I AM SO GLAD TO KNOW YOU, YOU ARE SUCH A FIGHTER! I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT OUR PRAYERS ARE BEING ANSWERED FOR YOU AND MATTHEW AND KATE, BECAUSE IF I DIDN'T BELIEVE WHAT HOPE WOULD WE HAVE FORTHIS LIFE!

LOVE,

AMY, ALLISON, AND JACKSON
P.S. ALLISON IS HERE AT THE OFFICE WITH ME RIGHT NOW AND WANTS TO TELL MEAGAN AND EMILY HI!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Sorry we haven't commented. I think my internet has been in Chemoville......or maybe it is just hormonal. We are glad you are feeling better this go round. We are praying your counts stay up!!! No delays!!!!! Hope your weekend is restful.

Talk to you soon
Kim and Carley Tisdale

John said...

Ah, Chemo Brain. My old friend. You moved away when Oxycodone came to town and I did not miss you. But now Mister Ox has been monopolizing the conversation and it's time to show him the door. Slowly though. He gets angry and has a way of keeping people awake at night no matter how tired they are. We'll just tell him it's a traveling kind of party and the next house has a pool... one where the water spins and disappears with his little pills.

Hang in there, Michele. I'm praying for you and Matthew right now.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Emily with her White Castle! She is such a little ray of sunshine. :) Amy Hume