Monday, August 11, 2008

Take the Good with the Bad

This month is the first time in 10 years that we have not had to pay for childcare. We were excited about all that extra money we would have. I decided to go ahead and spend it today by busting up the fender on my car in a ridiculous stunt that involved a curb and a hole. Since our deductible is a mere $1000, our former childcare fund is now spent. On a sidenote, Megan has been asking for 2 years what is the "king of all bad words". When I introduced my car to the curb/hole this morning, the "king" flew out of my mouth. Megan immediately turns to me and says "Well, I guess I know what the king of all bad words is".
The day did get better. I got a free massage at Style Stop b/c my friend Pam A. nominated me for a "Brighten Your Day" treat. I was treated to my first ever massage, and then they gave me a cream cheese cinnamon roll, rainbow sherbet and a glass of tea. I was in such a trance from that massage, I could barely move. It was amazing. Thank you Pam, you are a good friend and your kindness came on a good day. I topped the day off with dinner in Perryville with Kasey.
So the moral of the story is- Take the good with the bad. And watch out for curbs with holes.
Love,
Michele

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya, Those curbs with holes like to jump up and get ya,
glad the rest of your day was good.
be careful
twylia

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I appreciate and use the "King" of bad words more than I should. In the right frame of mind I can conjugate it and use it in every form in a sentence-- Adjective, Adverb, Subject, Verb and sometimes even object of the preposition....Carley and I flattened a tire on a rental car in Miami about 11:45pm less then a mile from our hotel.... the median snuck out further in the road than I expected..... so again we feel your pain. No childcare is very freeing. First the formula goes, then the diapers, then the childcare.... then the expensive stuff starts......Glad ur day got better!!!!! I need a massage myself.

Kim and Carley

Anonymous said...

It's good you could take a bad situation and turn it into an educational experience for Megan. Carly told me yesterday that Jacie had used the "f" word. I was pretty sure she hadn't used "the king" so I asked what word that was. She said, "freak". I was relieved. Jacie said we should call that the "fr" word because I'm pretty sure she's heard "the king"--not from me of course (tee hee hee).

Anonymous said...

Michele,

My pleasure - I'm glad your day was brightened right when you needed it. I haven't admitted this publicly before, but I am not very good at backing up. I hate putting the car in reverse and backing anywhere - I think it has to do with being short and unable to see out the back windshield like everyone else. Anyway - the night I first met Tim's parents I was backing out of their driveway & it was foggy. I cut the wheel before I should have, hit a fence pole and almost ended up in a ditch. Humiliated, I had to go back up to the door and say um......

See it really does happen to everyone :)

Pam A.

Anonymous said...

BEEN THERE DONE THAT(THE CURB THING) YOU ARE NOT ALONE. KEEP THE BLOGS COMING MICHELE, THEY ALWAYS BRIGHTEN MY DAY. PRAYING THAT YOU CONTINUE TO BE WELL, BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY.

LOL,
AMY HAERTLING

vman1300 said...

I am so sorry i havent been around that much...lots going on round here. I just wanted to let you know you and your family are always on our minds. Take care my friend.

Believe,

Kevin

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

Your blog makes my day!!! I remember a while back you wrote a blog about how you would loose your shoe often b/c you couldn't feel anything...well then I spotted you and the girls in target one day and I LAUGHED out loud at the check out just thinking about the shoe blog!The check out girl thought I was nuts but thats ok. You are such an ispiration :) Hope you are reading my updates about Jin and Kailee

Anonymous said...

OK I am really laughing hard! That was (insert king here)-ing funny! Amy H