Monday, February 9, 2009

Thoughts on Boredom...

The recent ice storm kept me cooped up in the house for several days. It made me think about all the things we do when we are bored...
I was recently enlightened by one of my work families that you can look up prisoner's pictures online in Missouri. So one night, we were sitting around and I said Hey Scott do you know anyone in prison? I can look up their picture! He laughed at me but he did spend a few moments thinking about it. This weekend, Emily and I found ourselves bored so we sang all the songs we could think of with the word "rain" in them, to see if our dog, Rain, would turn his head when we sang his name. Sure enough, he would turn every time. So we both started singing separate songs and before long, his head was whipping around pretty fast. It was hilarious! When we went to church yesterday and the opening hymn was "Rain Down", we burst out laughing.
I can see I have completely lost your attention right now. You are trying to think of who you can look up on the prisoner website. So here it is, go satisfy your curiosity...
https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb/searchOffender.do

What do YOU do when you are bored?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I really ever get bored. With my crazy brain, it's overdrive or shut down with little in between. I had a kid tell me once that only boring people get bored... When I do have downtime, I love to play cards on the computer, read, sleep and organize stuff. I know it's nuts, but I do actually enjoy organizing...though you'd have a hard time guessing that from the looks of my house!

Lisa said...

Look up everybody I know on Case Net, of course!

Linda said...

I pay the kids to rub my back and neck!