Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Updates

If you're lookin' for laughs today, this is not the place to find them at this time. It has been an incredibly difficult week for me and my friends and family.

Last Saturday, my cousin Ginger was killed in a car accident. She was only 34 and she leaves behind 3 sons. Even though it has been many years since I saw Ginger, I have always remembered her spirit, her penchant for fashion and of course, her beauty. When I heard the news, I managed to keep my emotional distance from it for several days. Then my sister Linda posted a few words and some old pics. It started to sink in a little bit more. Then when I saw the online obituary, the reality hit me.


Many of you are wondering how Kevin is doing. I have talked with his wife Brenda and his brother-in-law Andy several times. Kevin's cancer has spread throughout most of his body. He is currently in the hospital, fighting the many complications that come with this horrible disease.
I can't begin to put into words how sad I am for him and for Brenda.


You have heard me talk about how I met my friend Sandy in this post. Sandy's health has declined rapidly in the past 2 weeks and hospice has been brought in. I went to see her yesterday. Although she is unable to communicate at this time, I hope that somehow she understood that I came to tell her how much I love her. I also had the chance to meet her husband, who is a wonderful man. So very kind and very good to Sandy. Mike knew that there a lot of people who have been concerned about Sandy's lack of blog updates but he did not know how to post so I was able to show him how. If you have followed her blog, feel free to post a comment on her site so he will know just how many people out there have followed her story.

I am sorry to post such a sad update but I felt like many of you would want to know what was going on.
Thanks to everyone who reads my blog. I love all of you.
Love,
Michele

7 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear that so many tough things are going on for you. I will keep all of the people you mentioned in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I also am sorry for all you have been through. I will pray for comfort, peace, and healing.
Becca

aesparks said...

Praying...and we love you, too!
Amy Sparks

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin Ginger , We will continue to pray for Kevin and his family, along with Sandy and her family.
Prayers will go up for all and you as well.
Lots of love,
Twylia

Linda said...

I am so sorry about your friends...I wish there were better news.

Jin said...

You know, I remember you coming over to work with Kailee and you were fighting tears because one of the kids you worked with had passed away. You have to deal with so much in your field, but to have so much happen to you, your family and all the friends you've made along the way... it really seems unfair for all of that to fall on one person. You are one incredibly strong person!

You make me laugh and you make me cry.

You know where we live if you are ever bored in cape.

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

crying along with you