Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good Intentions Gone Bad

I had good intentions. I really did. But when it came for preparations for the 100th day of kindergarten, I think I failed the test.
The assignment was to count out 100 items to put in a group snack mix. Of course, Wednesday night came and I had forgotten to plan ahead so the only thing I had in the house was Cinnamon Crunch cereal. I figured since the box was unopened, it would be ok to use it. Then Megan says Well....I opened it. Ok, I'll just ignore the fact the box was open. Don't ask, don't tell. Well, Wednesday night came and went and Thursday morning I remembered we hadn't counted out the cereal. So here we go. Let's make this a learning experience. So Emily begins to count out the cereal, sloooooowly; I turn my attention away for an instant and suddenly 31 pieces of cereal have become 78. Ok...let's start over...oh no, we're not going to cry over miscounted cereal...the counting begins again even slooooower...ok, let's make 10 rows of 10 pieces! I begin the cereal grid...Emily, you fill in the grid...watch the elbows, you're messing up the rows...10 on each row...ok, this isn't working...I'll make 10 rows both directions, then you can count the pieces after I'm done...ok, here's the finished grid, count them out...how did you end up on #33 at the end of the row...ok, JUST BAG THE CEREAL AND TAKE IT TO SCHOOL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I counted them for bub, and I don't even remember sending anything for sis... You've still got me beat!

Linda said...

I remember that project...I remember how annoying it was. I can't even remember what we sent. I think we get points for good intentions.