Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Dear Scott,
Happy Anniversary. I am so glad you sent me that message on Facebook this morning, reminding me of what day it was...I had to chuckle at what 14 years of marriage has done to us...wishing each other Happy Anniversary online....not to mention the fact I had to be reminded.

Can you believe all that we've been through? I was trying to add it all up this morning. 4 houses, 2 kids, about 18 different pets, 7 surgeries (all mine), 10 years of daycare, 12 jobs (between us), 2 companies (1 yours and 1 mine), 2 sets of in-laws, about 12 different vehicles, 3 boats, wow, the list could go on forever.

We always say that one of the reasons we get along so well is b/c we started out our marriage with nothing. Everything we have, we got together. When I sent Emily to school this morning with our wedding cake topper for show & tell, I started wondering what we have left from that first year of marriage. Tigger immediately popped into my head...14 years of marriage and one thing we've got to show for it is a cat with Alzheimers.

We have moved up in the world, that's for sure. When we first got married, we lived in a 2 bedroom house...now we've moved on up to 3 bedrooms, now that's progress. All of our furniture was borrowed, now we can say we actually own the couch and the bed. We didn't have a garage at our first house. Now we have a garage-turned-into-playroom. Yeah, we've done well, that's for sure. We owned 2 tvs when we got married, hey now we have 3. Cryptically speaking, when we got married, we did not have a container to urinate in. Now we have 2 of those.

You sure have put up with a lot over the years b/c of me. Like the $500 mistake I made in the checkbook the day before our wedding. What a surprise we had when we picked up the mail after the honeymoon...all those bounced checks were quite a welcome home package. You didn't get mad at me then and you didn't get mad when I caught the car on fire, or when I wrecked the car last summer. And you always agree with me that my speeding tickets are a complete injustice.
You didn't say a word when I forgot to do my billing and didn't get paid...oh, wait I don't think I ever told you about that...and you are completely supportive of me when I come home from work and tell you about the life-threatening situations I have found myself in. You always keep (somewhat) silent when I bring home stray animals from work and you never say a word when I swear I won't bring home another animal EVER.

I know I used to complain that you didn't always show your love and affection for me. But when I got sick last year, I never doubted how much you loved me. You treated me like a princess and for that I'm forever grateful. You were so good to me!

I love you forever and I know we are a team together. I know that whatever comes our way, we can handle it and it's all worth it at the end of the day when I look at our beautiful daughters.

Love,
Michele
a.k.a. your "Campbell Peach"

5 comments:

Linda said...

How sweet...I love your post!

Anonymous said...

How sweet...Congrats on 14 Years!!!!!!!

Twylia

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Michele! You sure couldn't have summed all that up with a Hallmark card. Happy Anniversary!

Amy Haertling

Anonymous said...

Reading this almost made me cry. I think it is good to think back over what you have been through together. I may try this with Ray and I. Donna

dlh said...

first time I saw your post, and its funny to finally read one that I recognize the places you speak about.
Sounds like you've got yourself quite a guy.