Monday, March 16, 2009

Fortune Cookies

Scott and I keep the Chinese food industry in business. We love Chinese! Our local favorite is Chan's but we really love Happy China in St. Louis.
Ok, you know I'm not really writing a post about Chinese food. Because there's something else I love about Chinese food...
The fortune cookies!
Over the years, I've collected some very interesting fortunes. Tucked away in a scrapbook, alongside pictures of the great remodel of '06, is a fortune that says "Home remodeling is in your future". I would have dug it out and taken a picture but unfortunately, d/t our current remodeling project, it is unaccessible.

This one is my favorite. Scott and I were just married and I was thinking of quitting my job. I wanted to be settled in my life but I knew I was a long way off from that. But reading this fortune gave me great comfort...

(I did quit my job by the way and soon after, the company went bankrupt.)

Scott got this one but I like to pretend it was mine...
After all, we've both been very successful in our businesses. I own mine and he owns his. Imagine the laughter we had last week when my fortune said I would soon receive a great promotion at work! For that to happen, I would have to promote myself!

Imagine Scott's delight when he got this one last week...
Now it is your turn to tell me your fortune cookie story. Do you save the good ones? Have any come true? Any funny ones? Do tell!
Finally, tell me what your fortune would have said on the day you were born...get creative... and have fun!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the day i was born it would have said:
The bookshelves in the store will soon become empty

Megan

Linda said...

I'm jealous I never get good fortunes like that. Mine are usually philosophical.

On the day I was born it would have said...build an ark a hurricane is coming.

Anonymous said...

Mine would have said "Welcome the unexpected because your life will turn out different than you expect." Okay, I am a crappy fortune cookie writer but I have not eaten Chinese food since I left Columbia. I just don't like the places in Cape. My life is different that what I thought it would have been 10 years ago, really different than what I thought it would be 20 years ago, and nothing like I thought it would be 30 years ago. But I would not change a thing -- I love my life! I no longer have a "plan" for what my life will be, I just keep rolling with what it is.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to sign my post -- I am the non-plan lady.

Kim Price

Anonymous said...

About 20 years ago while in college I got one that said "Prepare for the worst." Quite startling!

-Claire

Anonymous said...

More fortune cookies saying at http://needask.blogspot.com/2001/01/my-cookies.html. :)