Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekend Getaway...

Can you guess what I'm smiling about?

You'd be smiling too if you were on a 2 day getaway with your husband in Kansas City!


He's smiling too, b/c he had fun visiting the place he grew up. OK, he didn't exactly grow up here, at the top of the World War I memorial, but he did spend most of his childhood living in Kansas City.

For 14 years, I've been hearing about how great Minsky's pizza tastes. Now I understand why he loved it so much. It's delicious!


But what could be better than chocolate that costs $34.99/lb? We splurged and bought 2 pieces!


This was the grandaddy of the whole weekend- Jack Stack's BBQ. Look at the size of that rib!


This is how I felt when we left- like a pig!
A great big THANKS goes out to Kasey, who stayed with the girls while we were gone.
It was the best 48 hours we've had in a long time.
Love,
Michele





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really took a picture of that pig for Emily, didn't you!? Glad you had fun - could you clone Kasey??

Anonymous said...

It does everybody good if parents can get away and get some time together, the way I look at it is, we started out as a couple and we will end up as a couple when the children are all grown up and it is really good if you still like each other in the end.
glad you had fun!
Twylia

Linda said...

You look great! I love your hair! You both look relaxed and happy.

aesparks said...

Oh how Garrett and I love Kansas City! We keep saying we need to go on a trip back ourselves, it's been 5 years since our last visit to KC. We too are huge fans of Minsky's and we are both drooling thinking about it now. We also miss a cheese dip that we used to eat at 54th Street Bar and Grill called Gringo dip-can't find anything like it anywhere! Oh, I'm KC-sick just thinking about it! -Amy

Kasey said...

Glad you guys had fun and that I could be of some help! We had a blast together! I missed them SO much!!! Especially the snuggling!!! Nothing beats snuggling with Em and Megs.
Remember anytime you need me I'll be Supernanny for a weekend.
I agree with Linda. I LOVE your hair!

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

You deserve at least 48 hours! Congrats to you both..I hope you got to sleep in and stay up real late (like 11 even)!!!