Thursday, October 25, 2007

Burgers and Stars

They always say you do your best thinking on the throne. I guess that goes for Emily too. She just informed me we need "care and food". Apparently, she thinks people stopped caring about us this week b/c no one has brought food. I tried to explain that everyone does still care...I feel good this week...I am able to cook, but she moved on to the air freshener, so subject closed. Emily has enjoyed the meals more than anyone. Which reminds me I forgot to tell part 2 of the White Castle saga. Uncle Ray and Aunt Donna were in town for a few hours Sunday so we all went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. Uncle Ray had called Emily and told her he would take her to White Castle. We didn't think much of it. Mistake #1. Emily eats a huge breakfast at Cracker Barrel; as we are getting ready to leave, she says OK, Uncle Ray, I'm ready to go to White Castle. She would NOT take "no" for an answer. So there they went, off to White Castle for fries and burgers. I am not kidding.
I wanted to mention that my mammogram came back normal. Also, Port Chop got head-butted this week. I saw stars. It was my fault. I had been letting my kids at work sit on my lap. Notice the word "had", as in past tense.
I want to welcome the Reichert's to my blog. Vicky, I am so proud of you for learning to use the computer. Way to go! I told Becky to tell you to email me, but she said you haven't gotten that far yet.
I am dreading Round #4 worse than any so far. It's really hard for me to be too sick to work or take care of the girls. I am bummed out that Halloween is Wednesday b/c that is the day I always feel my worst. I want to feel well enough to take the girls out.
Ok, Emily is ready for bed, so I gotta go.
Thanks for listening.
Love,
Michele;

5 comments:

vman1300 said...

MMMMM White Castle...I wish we had those here.....now I have the munchies, lol.

Dont go in dreadding Round 4, keep your head high and DECLARE victory over the treatment. I know exactly the feeling when it is time for treatment. There are many places I would rather be....root canal comes to mind for one.

Prayers from our house to yours.

Believe,

Kevin

John said...

Best i can do here are frozen White Castles from the grocery. :( If I had the franchise money, I'd open one here... and an In N Out Burger too. :sigh:

Anonymous said...

MICHELE, GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD WEEK. THE WHITE CASTLE STORIES ARE TOO HUMOROUS. WHITE CASTLES DOESN'T LIKE ME, I GET SICK EVERY TIME I TRY TO EAT ONE, AND THE BAD PART IS I LIKE THEM! TELL EMILY TO EAT ONE FOR ME NEXT TIME. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND, AND I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU "A PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING" DURING ROUND 4. HANG IN THERE GIRL, YOU ARE GOING TO GET THROUGH THIS! DO YOU THINK WE WILL GET TO SEE YOU AT JOHN AND ERICA'S WEDDING IN A COUPLE WEEEKS? I HOPE SO!

LOL'
AMY HAERTLING AND FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Michele,

Don't let the Boogey Man (round 4) get you down on Halloween. Keep him at bay with your love & laughter. Hang in there girl - we all love you and are in your corner this week.

Pam A.

Anonymous said...

Michelle-
Prayers for a more uplifted Round 4! I'm Shawndra Turner's sister and wanted to thank you for commenting and supporting her while you are fighting your own fight!! You must be an amazing woman! Stay strong and know that many prayers are coming to you. (Shawndra has round 4 this week too!) Happy Halloween!
Andrea Kristoff