Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ready for Round 3; Giraffe not so lucky

What a great weekend!!! I felt so good, I told Scott I think I feel better than I have in a year. I wonder if maybe I haven't felt good for a long time. I know I haven't been myself for quite some time. I am looking back, wondering how long I had cancer. I wish I knew the day the first cell popped out. I wonder what I was doing at that moment. I would never in a million years be the person who says I'm glad I got cancer. But I will say I am a much better mom lately. I want to spend every moment with the girls and we have been having so much fun lately. This weekend was such a fantastic time with them. We played and danced and just hung out together. Emily is having really bad separation anxiety. She has to be in the same room with me, she doesn't want me to leave her. She has had a really rough week.
On a lighter note, "Bust your bubble" has now moved to a variety of contexts. Tonight, I took Emily to the store and we're standing in the orange juice aisle, she says Mommy I hate to bust your bubble but I don't like pulp". Some lady was cracking up. Emily took a stuffed giraffe, Jeffrey, to Walmart with us. Jeffrey was acting up really bad, not a big deal, she was trying to control him. She was wound up. We get to the meat dept, she says Mom, we're having giraffe meat tonight. So then we're standing at the checkout, all of a sudden I look down and Emily is in the floor doing CPR on Jeffrey! I am not kidding. You've not seen anything until you've seen chest compressions performed on a giraffe. Sadly, according to Emily, Jeffrey died right there in Walmart.

So tomorrow (Monday) is Round 3. This is my first chemo without my Mom. She went home last weekend. Scott's parents are taking me. I'm taking my prayer shawl with me for 2 reasons. First, I hope it brings me blessings. Also, it is so cold in the chemo room, you could hang meat in there. Maybe I'll take Jeffrey...
Keep in touch,
Michele;

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you have had such a great weekend. It is amazing how things like this can really give us a whole new perspective on things. It would be nice if we could get the new perspective without the big trials though. I'll be praying for nice nurses:), comfort and minimal side effects with round 3! Take care, Amy S.

Uncle Harold said...

Hang in there Sis, God in the good times is still God in the bad times.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele! I am a friend of Shawndra Turner's and have been following your blog since the beginning. You are such a bright shining star and I absolutely love your sense of humor! You have a beautiful family. You sound like you are enjoying each and every moment whether you feel well or not! I pray for you everyday. Love from across the miles!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you want me to find you some giraffe recipes....

Lisa Shirley

Anonymous said...

Tell Jeffrey not to fear. At our house we have "Traytray" the Tiger that dies and returns to life several times a week. I echo everyone's feelings - YOU ARE FUNNY! and prayers going up right now. - Amy H