Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"DON'T PUT THAT ON YOUR BLOG!"

I have been feeling really good the last couple of days. My hands are still bothering me but I am learning to adapt. Every time they start hurting, I start searching for heat. I'm not picky, as long as it's hot. The blow dryer works great, if I'm home. And of course, there's always Pinky. I took her to work with me today. I have a part time consulting job, where I work in an office a few hours a week. Some of my coworkers got to personally meet her today. Emily was disappointed I took her to work without the diaper. I do have my limits.
I forgot to mention I got my mammogram. It was so easy. The lady felt sorry for me b/c I wasn't feeling good. She had me out of there in 15 minutes. She was so nice to me. She said women come in there bawling about being scared of the mammogram, I said it's nothing compared to having your colon ripped out. She agreed. My pain tolerance has really improved. Having said that, I will say the bone pain has set in from the Neulasta shot. Dr. Lilly told me to expect it and to take 3x the legal limit of Ibuprofen. I thought I was superhuman b/c I didn't have pain but last night it started. If you've ever been pregnant, remember how your hips feel during the 9th month, that's what it feels like.
There's a new phenomenon called "Don't Put That in Your Blog". People will tell me something personal and then say "Don't put that in your blog". I promise I will not reveal your deepest, darkest secrets to the world. I am wondering if people are telling me their secrets b/c they figure, hey she'll be gone in 6 months anyway; not really, I'm just kidding. Speaking of prognosis, a lot of people ask what my prognosis is. So I will add that to the FAQ list. Dr. Lilly says 85%. I don't like numbers (sorry to my math teacher friends) but he volunteered the info. So, I really do think I will beat this. In the beginning I was worried but not so much anymore. I think my optimism comes from my friends at the Colon Club. They are so wonderful. When you hear the term Colon Club, are you like me, imagining a bunch of sick people sitting in a treehouse talking about cancer, it's not like that but the image does come to my head. It's actually an online thing but everytime I log on, I feel like I'm climbing a ladder up the tree.
Have a great week.
Michele;

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Carley and I are glad you are feeling better this week. Keep up the GREAT attitude. I said it before....you're outlook on this whole thing is AMAZING. What a great example of perserverance you are for your girls.

Talk to you soon,
Kim and Carley Tisdale

Anonymous said...

hey michele,
glad to hear you are feeling better, you can and will bet this. your family will be stronger because of it. although it hurts like hell to be streatched. tell meagan happy b day and i will take her shopping soon.
as far as the water baby, i don't understand why she could not wear a diaper to your work. she could have sprung a leak you know.
i am glad your mamagram went well, gary is after me to get one.
talk with you soon,
love
twylia

vman1300 said...

Michele,

I am so glad you are feeling better! Chemo can do some wierd things huh? Everyday is a new experience, keep the faith and live life to the fullest!

Prayers from our home in North Carolina to yours!

Believe,

Kevin

Anonymous said...

It never crossed my mind that you wouldn't overcome this evil thing called cancer. Instead of saying you think you will beat it you must say you will beat it; failure is not an option. You are a woman...a stronger woman!
*hugs*
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey!
85%? What the heck?! How about 100? Not to sound stupid, but I truly believe that with your attitude, strength, and the support you get from so many people you are going to beat this thing. Have a super weekend!

Becky W.