Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's a (Water) Girl!

Today was not a good day. I managed to crawl out of bed and Scott took me to the Cancer Center. I needed iv's, I felt like a Lay's Barbeque Chip this time. My face even looked barbequed. I spent 6 hours up there sleeping off lots of Ativan. Apparently, here is what is happening. I get the Decadron for nausea, it lasts for 5 days but it's a steroid, so Dr. Lilly thinks that is what is causing the anxiety attacks. So he is going to stop giving it to me and he told me to up my appetite med b/c it also helps with nausea. We'll see.
On the bright side, when I came home, my newly hired housecleaner was just finishing up. Yeah! I have never had a housecleaner before. I already love it. Not an ounce of guilt. Megan says I need to hire someone to type my blog. I have had hand shaking and even more neuropathy in my hands. It is so painful, a 7 on the pain scale, which correlated with a 7 on the tear scale. My hands feel like millions of needle pricks. It comes and goes. My father-in-law suggested a heating pad and it cured it for awhile. Today I layed around clinging to a hot water bottle. Emily and I pretended it was a newborn baby. She even changed the diaper and I fed it. I think we forgot to name it. The bottle is pink, so I guess it's a girl.
I do have a new Theory of Pathetic-ness. Waking up this morning with a chemo bag strapped on, started my period with a vengence, AND had diarrhea. If you can top that, please feel free to share your story.
Thanks for listening,
Michele;

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Congratulations on the birth of your new baby. I know you probably didn't feel like updating your blog, but, I am glad you did. I am not trying to top your story.... because at the age of 40 I still can't announce to the world that I am on my period.

You see, I was feeling terrible on Monday. I missed my second day of work in 12 years. I got a wicked wake up call at 3am and violently sick was the only way I could describe it....however, it only lasted about 12 hours. Again, I am a terrible patient. My dog was excited that I was home for the day and was happy to nap with me all day and that is what we did all day in between the throwing up etc. I am amazed at your strength and humor through this. I had neither on Monday. You are AMAZING in your ability to share your story with us. We hope to read about the continuing saga of Emily, Megan, Scott and the crew once you defeat this illness!

Praying for your counts to go UP!
Kim and Carley

Uncle Harold said...

Michele
I know you are very sick,but you will get through this. You are on our mind and in our Prayers every day, may God grant you comfort and stengh as you need it, and to your girls and to Scott.God's Blessing to you. Your Aunt Laura & Uncle Harold

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I will be so excited to buy the new baby girl some clothes or at least a blanket. wow you are good. never did lose your figure.
I am afraid i cannot top your story either, i have no periods, the maid got fired ,( me) and as far as diareha ,,,, not happening yet.
my prayers continue,
love,
twylia

Anonymous said...

Oh Michele, I wish I could be there with you going through this with you so you wouldn't be alone. I wish I could take it all away. It seems like there are cancer stories everywhere I go. The Today Show is doing an hour long Cancer special this morning...there are two TV shows that I stumbled on watching were a main character has cancer. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you. Tell the girls I said Hi.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sorry Michele, but you win...big time!! Can't even come close to topping your story! Hang in there!!!Robin

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,
Juat got caught up on your blog. I want you to know that we have been praying for your speedy recovery and that your count will be up and chemo will not have to be delayed in any way. I know that God has an awesome plan for you and your family. If there is anything you need or if you just need to talk please let me know. I will be very free for the next 6 weeks and i was realesed to drive today!!! God Bless
p.s. thankyou for comming to visit ally and i in the hodpital!!!!
cathlin

Anonymous said...

I AM AFRAID I CAN'T TOP YOU EITHER MICHELE, BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR THIRD GIRL. DIDN'T MEGAN PICK OUT EMILY'S NAME? SO I GUESS EMILY GETS TO NAME THIS BABY, KEEPS US INFORMED. ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE, YOU STAY STEADFAST IN MY PRAYERS.

AMY HAERTLING

Anonymous said...

Just now getting a chance to read the famous blog. Now I get the water bottle. Of course I could never top the story but Suzy Sunshine me says the only thing worse than having your period at this point, would be not having it. And as bad as runny poop is, no poop would be worse... Whew, now I am feeling like your mother! And, at around 14, when my mother would offer up such "condolensces (sp)" I would be saying the same things to her in my mind that I am sure you are saying right now! :) Keep chipping away at the "cells from hell" and we'll keep praying for a not so miserable recovery, counts to go up, a family that copes together, giraffes to live, and food to taste good! Hugs to the girls for me - I felt guilty today for not oohhing over Megan - I just feel like a long lost aunt to Emily and did not mean to leave her out. SO, hugs to the girls for me. :)Amy H

vman1300 said...

Michelle,

Like you, I am going through chemo right now as well and I just started reading your blog. You have even inspired me to start my own.

Seeing other people at our age battle the cancer beast lets me know that I am not alone in this quest.

My wife and I pray for you and yours daily. If ya wanna stop by and say hello:

http://vman-1300.blogspot.com/

Take care and BELIEVE!!!!!!

Kevin