Monday, October 8, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Well, this weekend my hair started to fall out. Even when you know it may happen, nothing prepares you for it. I will have to wait and see how much of it falls out. Most of the girls on the Colon Club (of which I am an official member) said they lost half of their hair. Another side effect is the change in the texture. Overnight my hair became dry and coarse.

I have compiled a list of things that change when you have cancer.

1. Naps, free meals and chocolate become guilt-free!

2. "I feel great" translates to "I managed to get out of bed today"

3. Aaahh, the feeling you get when someone of authority says "you need to eat".

4. "Mommy is tired" really works!

5. When I say I have colon cancer, perfect strangers are more than willing to discuss their
own bathroom habits.

If you are a fellow cancer friend, feel free to add to the list.

I also wanted to tell everyone how much it means to me that you read my blog. I never imagined so many people would be interested in what I have to say. I love all the comments too. It always brightens my day. Thanks so much.
Love,
Michele;

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Ok, Carley and I are totally hooked on your blog. We want to know what you are going to write about once you triumph and are cancer free. Start thinking now, so we will have something to look forward to. You are one of Carley's favorite writers. Keep the positive thoughts coming!

Kim and Carley Tisdale

Anonymous said...

I, too, am hooked. I come home every day to see what you've written. You inspire me, Michele.
Robin

Anonymous said...

Ditto, I think you've created a fan base. Have a super week!


Becky W.

Anonymous said...

Michele

We (Jamie and I) read your blog weekly and you and your family are in our prayers daily. I knew you had a great sense of humor, but dang, I think you should ditch the speech gig and become a writer!!!

The Hefners

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you should look at stand up comedy for a career... I am curious as to how your "cancer story" started. When and how did you know something was wrong? By the way - Pat got his colonoscopy/GI bill and, yes, it was "moving"! Keep the humor coming. Prayers continuing on our end. - Amy H

Anonymous said...

michele,

i read your blog as often as i can, fall girls is adorable. you look pretty dang good.
my hair fell out some after i had each one of the lovely children. i could be in the shower and just have handfuls.
i know thats no comparison to you losing your hair.
your humor is great, i am not sure i could have a sense of humor with what you are going trough.
love and call if you need anything.
twylia

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,
I love your blog and your children are adorable!! Keeping you in my prayers always! See you soon!!

Heather and Matt