Friday, October 5, 2007

Heavy Metal

I am feeling much better! Donna came back to visit this weekend and we're hoping to have a fun day tomorrow. We went out tonight to get pedicures. I chose Chemo Chrome, b/c that's what my mouth feels like. I have a metal taste in my mouth, but yet I have no sense of taste when I eat. Weird.
Just when I thought I hadn't been poked and prodded enough, today I had to go to the gyno. Fun! Since Dr. Uhls is out until December, I had to see a new doctor. I mean "new" literally. She wasn't much older than Megan, and about the same size. So she tells me I need a mammogram. My first thought was "Oh, Port Chop is NOT going to like that". She said they could do an ultrasound instead of the traditional method.
Chemo does really crazy things to your body. Today I picked up a pen and my hand wouldn't work. I couldn't move it. I just stared at it and thought Well, now I know how my stroke patients always felt. Tonight at the grocery store, I forgot about the cold sensitivity in my hands and I picked up a gallon of milk. OUCH. It felt like a hundred needles. My friend Becky has been hanging on to her Michael Jackson glove since the '80's. I think we have finally found a use for it. Maybe she'll let me wear it to the grocery store.
Thanks for listening,
Michele;
P.S. Congratulations to Cathlin and her new baby girl, Ally, born Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. We'll keep the prayers going. You definitely deserve the pampering! Chemo chrome . . . you crack me up! I'm not sure how you keep the humor going sometimes-it almost makes me feel bad that look forward to getting a laugh from your horror -not the horror part of course, but the jokes you manage to crack in spite of your horror. You are amazing! Keep up the good work and take care! Amy S.

suzy allee said...

Michele, so glad to hear you are feeling better. Isn't it amazing how much better you feel after a pedicure? Take care, Love, Suzy

Anonymous said...

Well they say bad things happen the threes. I think you have this year covered. Chemo, mammo and gyno.. Carley and I are glad you are feeling better. We are always excited to read your latest adventure. That is a great picture of you and the girls! We like the fall at our house too. I am hoping we get some fall like weather..... it is still a bit too hot. Take care of you!

Kim and Carley Tisdale