Saturday, January 12, 2008

Blue Day

No jokes today. Just as my week started to get better, I received the devastating news that one of the babies I work with passed away unexpectedly. He was 2 yr old. He was such a precious little boy and he touched everyone's heart that knew him. I will miss him so much. He is a blond-haired, blue eyed angel. I went to the funeral home this morning with my friend and fellow therapist Cathlin. I was so scared to go, I was shaking when I got there. Then when I walked in and saw him, I just couldn't hold back the tears. I didn't expect that the stress of being there would wipe me out today. I guess b/c I don't have an immune system, stress is harder on me than usual. I feel about as bad as I do on chemo day.
I have devoted my life to working with special needs kids. I just hope that when I die someday, whether it's cancer or not, I pray that my job in Heaven is to rock all the lost babies until their parents come Home to join them.
Please say a prayer for Spencer's family, but also for all the parents out there who have lost a child.
Thanks for listening.
Love,
Michele

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Michele, my prayers are with you and the family of Spencer who is cradled in Jesus's arms tonight.

Sandy

Amy said...

I miss him too. He's making some angels smile tonight.

Kasey said...

I'm sor sorry that you had to see that. I know it's hard. Trust me. I"m praying for Spencer and his family right along side of you. Love ya!

Amy AJ said...

I have no words. Only prayers.

Anonymous said...

I think I saw his obituary in the paper with his picture. He was beautiful. I wondered what had happened.

Anonymous said...

Michele,
What a tragedy.....We are thinking and praying for you the family,

Kim and Carley

Anonymous said...

My prayer and thoughts are with you and the Spencer family.
love ya,
Twylia

Anonymous said...

HI MICHELE,

MY SISTER WORKS WITH THAT LITTLE BOYS AUNT AND THEY THINKS HE MIGHT HAVE PASSED AWAY FROM SIDS. MY CO-WORKER LOST HER 10 WEEK OLD SON TO SIDS 3 YEARS AGO THIS JANUARY 4TH, AND EVERY TIME I SEE THESE PRECIOUS BABIES THAT DIE, I JUST RELIVE THAT DAY ALL OVER AGAIN. YOU ARE CERTAINLY IN MY PRAYERS, THOSE ARE THE TIMES YOU CAN'T HELP BUT WANT TO SAY "WHY GOD, WHY!" JENNY MY CO-WORKER CLINGS TO A VERSE IN THE BIBLE IN THE BOOK OF JOHN THAT SAYS, "RIGHT NOW YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING, BUT ONE DAY YOU WILL UNDERSTAND." I KNOW WE HAVE TO HAVE FAITH AND KNOW THAT IS TRUE.
TAKE CARE,

AMY HAERTLING