Thursday, January 3, 2008

Was that really chemo?

I felt so good today, someone actually asked me if I was sure that was chemo they gave me this week! I'm starting to wonder...
My spirits have been really great too! I feel so positive about things. I am going to make it through this next 4 rounds! I keep imagining that wonderful dream vacation we're going to take this year. Now we're dreaming even bigger and considering going back to Aruba. Oh, how I love Aruba! On the flip side, I have fallen into a bad habit of promising Emily the moon when spring arrives. She keeps asking to go places, and she wants a new cat (5 isn't enough), I keep saying "in the spring". Tonight I committed myself to Purina Farm and Grant's Farm- this spring of course. I've also promised a trip to Branson and a new cat. So I guess we'll have a busy spring. Ok, she wants another sibling but I swear I haven't agreed to that one...lol.
I have a very busy day tomorrow, 5 kiddos to see, so I hope my stamina holds up. One more thing, please say a prayer for my best online buddy, Kevin (vman). He got some bad news this week about his cancer, it has spread. He is such a great guy and his faith is so strong! Kevin, we're rootin' for ya'.
Have a great weekend! Megan has a swim meet this weekend, Scott is taking her up to St. Louis Sunday. Go Megan! Oh and Emily has been performing Olympic trials in the living room, she is training for track (running circles around the house), kickboxing (anybody that stands in her way), skiing (on the hardwood floors), diving (off the furniture) and a new sport called "how many pancakes can a child possibly eat before the food jag ends". My girls are so talented!
Talk later.
Love,
Michele;

8 comments:

Michele said...

I can't believe Emmy's already in the olympics!Soon she'll hold the record for most pancakes eaten in 5- yr-old season!

Kasey said...

You're girls are soooo talented!!! LOL As far as another sibling is concerned Emily is enough for one nanny. :)

Unknown said...

Once again, have to laugh at your girls! Your blogs definately bring a smile to my face when you talk about them. I am so glad that you are doing great. Hang in there and take care!!!

1UP RPG said...

Micehlle, I am so happy to hear you are having a good round. We pray for your weekly at small group (but I think all of us pray for you every day too). Your strength and optimism are amazing!
Also, I just had to say, if you decide to scale back the Aruba plan, I noticed you had mentioned the Outer Banks in a different post...we have gone to Emerald Isle, NC twice and LOVED it...really quiet family beach. A very fun and relaxing vacation! We have rented a house with friends, but there are lots of ways to do it. Anyway, you will totally deserve that vacation! :)
Brooke

Anonymous said...

HI MICHELE, SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ALREADY UP AND ABOUT! ALSO SO GLAD TO HEAR HOW WONDERFUL YOUR HUSBAND IS BEING, BOY TIMES LIKE THIS REALLY PUT THEM TO THE TEST HUH? WHAT WERE THOSE MARRIAGE VOWS, THRU SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH, GUESS SOMETIMES WE TAKE THOSE VOWS FOR GRANTED TILL WE GET TO LIVE UP TO THEM.. TELL SCOTT I AM PROUD OF HIM! THE GIRLS ARE TOO CUTE, LOVE THE KETCHUP STAINS, MEGAN LOOKS LIKE A YOUNG WOMAN MORE EVERY DAY. TAKE CARE AND THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US UPDATED.

LOL,
AMY HAERTLING
P.S. ONIONS???????????REALLY???

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Happy New Year! Carley and I got behind on your blog again, but finally got caught up with the Peters clan while waiting in the airport. At least your blog entertained us while our flight was delayed and delayed again. We are very happy you are feeling good this round. Talk to you soon!

Kim and Carley

Anonymous said...

If Emily would like some training on the "broom walking" event, have her come on over! Caroline likes to lay the broom across two chairs and do tricks off it. So far no broken bones...

It's wonderful to hear you feeling so well! You are certainly on the downhill now. I can't imagine your strength. I am proud of you. - Amy H

vman1300 said...

Glad this round went well for you. Just 4 more to go! I know that makes you so happy.

Take care my friend!

Believe,

Kevin