Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Feeling better

Feeling better today. Didn't sleep as much as I usually do on Day 2 but that's b/c my Mom is here and it's more fun to hang out with her than it is to sleep.
Dr. Lilly really threw me a surprise yesterday. I asked him when the PET scans will be done, and he said he doesn't plan on doing them! He said there's no need, they wouldn't show anything. I said So when I'm done- I'm really done? He said he might scan me in 6-8 months but he knows nothing will come up then either. I was stunned. Exactly how does he know this??? It's a strange feeling to think one day I have cancer and then the next day I don't. I have read on the Colon Club how scary it is to be done with chemo b/c it's a security blanket, I didn't understand that until now. I will walk out of the cancer building and WHAM! it's over. He did tell me I will get my port out about a month after chemo is over. That is what Emily is waiting for. She keeps saying she can't wait until the day they can take Port Chop out and throw him in the trash.
I have more to say but Emily needs me so I will go.
Talk soon.
Love,
Michele;

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michele, glad you are doing better. I am still struggling with the reaction to chemo, major chest pains. They sent a home health nurse out today to check on me, my heart rate isn't dropping below 100 beats per minute and they are concerned about that but won't really tell me why. Anyway I know I am not getting anymore oxy. I may go on Xeloda, we are not sure yet. Anyway, my oncologist told me the same thing about the CT and PET scans, nothing until 6-8 months after chemo. He said since all was clear in Nov and Dec I should be fine and he doesn't expect anything to show up either! It is very scary for me right now with everything else that is going on. This whole chemo thing has got me a nervous wreck now since the reaction. I told Mike today I am ready to give it up and go natural although I know that is really not the right thing to do. Well sorry this got so long, I am just a little bummed out and ready to feel better. Continue to feel better and I will talk with you soon.

Anonymous said...

HI MICHELE,
YOU ARE ALMOST THERE! STAY STRONG TWO MORE ROUNDS! YOU ARE SUCH A COURAGEOUS WOMAN, I AM IN AWE AT YOUR WHOLE HANDLING OF THIS TRIAL IN YOUR LIFE. I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU CAN GO ON VACATION THIS SUMMER AND ARE FEELING SO GOOD AND GET TO ENJOY YOUR FAMILY. IN PRAYERS ALWAYS!

AMY HAERTLING

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you that this is about over. Just think, it will be over before the writers go back to work and start putting out new shows. It will be over before we know who will be president. It will be over before the winter season ends. It will be over within a woman's full cycle. It will be over before Megan gets her third quarter grades. You only need to do your grocery shopping one more time before it is over. You will be better before they can diagnose Brittany Spears.
Linda

Anonymous said...

You know I am not good with decisions so I am not voting. I love the top two: SemiColon and Rollin Colon! i am not that creative! haha. Linda's blog cracked me up. The T-shirts for SemiColon could be fun! How is Megan? How much snow did you get. Did you take pictures playing in the snow? i took pictures of Dallas and Miney in it. I miss you, I am ready to come visit.
Donna

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Two treatments to go!!!!! Woo Hoo. Linda's blog put it all into perspective. You Jackson girls have a creative streak. Carley and I hope you are feeling better and haven't posted because you've been busy. Did the girls get to stay home from school? Carley was out today and is off tomorrow too. Start planning what you are going to write about when this adventure is over.

Kim and Carley

Kasey said...

I can't wait till chemo is over!! I am sooo sorry I was sick this week and couldn't come. I really would have rather been there then at home. Trust me.