Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What's that smell?

I didn't plan on posting today but I wanted to share my new venture. I am forming a team for the Relay For Life! I am so excited to do this. It's May 17th at Capaha Park. For those who live around here, you are invited to join my team. My friend and fellow colon cancer fighter Sandy is going to assist me. We have never done anything like this before, but hey- together we can figure it out! So this is what I know so far: If you don't know what it's about- each team of at least 8 people camp out all night and take turns walking around the lake. It starts at sunset and ends at sunrise. I have to have someone signed up to walk each hour. I need a catchy team name and a theme for our "campsite". I am thinking the name may be something to do with colon, since we will have at least 2 people on the team with colon cancer (actually, by May, Sandy and I will be SURVIVORS). The name should start with "Team". The campsite theme can be anything we can think of- we will use the theme to decorate the campsite. Also, I have never been comfortable asking people for money, but we have to set a goal and raise a certain amount of money for the ACS. So I will eventually be collecting and figuring out a fundraiser. I will be setting up a webpage on the ACS website to keep you up-to-date.
I finally feel like I have some goals for when this is over: Girls Night Out, Relay For Life and Dream Vacation. That's just what I need to keep me busy!
Thanks for listening and I'll keep you updated. Please send me some ideas for a name. I have a couple rolling around my head...
Oh, I have to tell you that Emily thinks Port Chop is human. She thinks he likes music, likes to dance, breathes and eats, etc. This weekend I said I smelled something stinky and she said Port Chop farted!
Love you all,
Michele;

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to get this Relay for Life started. It is something to look forward to. We will have to get together at some point to work out details and such. Anyway #5 tomorrow and I am ready to embrace it and get it over with. I will talk with you soon!

Anonymous said...

I think Team Port Chop has a nice ring to it.

Lisa H.

Kasey said...

LOL I'm with Lisa. I will gladly walk for (and with) you ladies. I don't know about the whole camping thing but I'm all for the raising money and walking. I'm really glad that you and Scott had an evening to yourselves!! You guys totally deserve it!!

Amy AJ said...

Tell Port Chop to keep his gas to himself - Funny that she thinks something that gives you so much stress is a man...

About Relay for Life, Amy Calahan Brueckner and Cabrina Messmer have had a team for awhile. Talk to them. My kids and I have gone the past two years. They LOVE it! I am so not a camper and it's still pretty fun - depending on weather. Call me or email me and I'll give you the rest of the scoop.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun if we are in town. My girls love to camp. As for names, I am so not creative about things like that. I wish I were. The only thing that comes to mind is Team :, or Team ;, since, as you said before, you only have a semi-colon!

Becky W.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a great day the other day. Date nights are so important to keeping your sanity.
I will support you and sandy in the relay for life. you both will be suvivors!!!! I don't know about the camping thing either. will talk with gary. i will put it in my calander and plan for it. sounds like a lot of fun. not sure i can stay up all night. Ha Ha.
love ya
twylia

Anonymous said...

TEAM ROLLIN' COLON

vman1300 said...

If I was closer, you could count Brenda and I both in. So glad to see that you are doing well. Always in our prayers my friend!

Believe,

Kevin

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I think that you could call your campsite the "Port Authority" (nautical theme) or "The Side Effect" .... I like both "Semi Colon" and Rollin' Colon. Here are a few more:
Team Chemo Conquerors
Team Colon Crusaders
Team Symptomatics

I wish we could walk....but I will definitely donate. Let Donna know when you need the money

Have a good weekend!
Kim and Carley