Sunday, January 27, 2008

Round 10 tomorrow

I am so excited!!! We have booked our vacation and we are going to the Outer Banks! For security reasons, I can't post what week we're going but it's sometime in early summer. I am beyond thrilled. I am ecstatic!
My parents are here. Mom is taking me to chemo tomorrow for Round 10.
I have admitted defeat with my hair. I now will only go out in public with a hat or bandanna. I know some of you saw me in church last night and you were probably wondering if my hair fell out overnight b/c I had it tucked under my hat. It looks so bad. I am in hair limbo- I haven't lost enough to justify shaving but it is so thin and wispy I can't do anything with it. I feel better now that I have decided to just keep it covered- no more panicky moments in the morning when I look in the mirror.
The girls are doing ok. Emily had a rough week at school but I think it was b/c her teacher was out all week. Unfortunately this will be a rough week for her b/c not only is it chemo week but Kasey is very sick with the flu and can't come this week.
Ok, I have to go, Emily is hungry and we all know the world stops turning when Emily wants food...
I'll post again to let you know how chemo goes.
Michele;

3 comments:

Audra said...

Michele,
Hi there! I just wanted to say that I still read your site to check on you! I saw you at church and I thought you looked great! The hat looked great on you, so cute. I saw your older daughter waving the scarf for mass...How great! Your girls are very cute! Anyways, I just had to comment because I thought you looked great!
Audra

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Carley and I hope that round 10 goes well. We are thinking of you every day. I know it is a comfort to have your mom there.

Keep us posted on your progress

Kim and Carley

Amy said...

Good luck! I'll see you Saturday at "work."
Amy