Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ghosts, Noses and Wrinkles

Just a quick post to let you know I'm alive and kickin'. I awoke this morning, feeling great, ready to go back to work. The numbness has spread past my hands, to my feet and legs. It is hard to type right now but I wanted to update. I am also having weird balance issues, not necessarily dizziness. I am having a tendency to lose my balance and I always seem to fall forward. The other night I fell right into the towel rack and hit my head. Taking a shower has become somewhat hazardous b/c if I close my eyes I will topple over!
Last night I took an Ativan before bed. About 2 hours later, Emily woke up. I was so out of it from the Ativan, I misunderstood what she said. I thought she said she needed "ghost spray", I thought maybe she saw a ghost in her room and got scared. So I'm heading to the bathroom to get the "ghost spray" (aka Downy Wrinkle Releaser), I think I said something like "whatsa matta, did ya see a ghost" (that's the Ativan slurring my speech), she said NO MOM- I need NOSE SPRAY. So I hope I pumped Nasonex in her nose, instead of Downy- she did have very smooth skin this morning, no wrinkles anywhere...
Gotta run, supposed to be at the hospital to get my shot.
Keep in touch, I love all the comments.
Love,
Michele;

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures. It is sad that the first picture I see of Mira....I see on your blog. I was going to go by Carol's desk last week to see pictures but got out of my meeting late. She is too cute. Your family has cornered the market on cute kids (and yes....donna...dogs too!) I met Megan at your mom and dads several yrs ago. She just cracked me up with her pretty ponies....she definitely had rules before sharing with Dayne (sp?). I didn't know you were a speech therapist but Megan was like a 20yr old in a little persons body.

Well, Carley and I are glad you felt like posting. Talk to you soon.

Kim and Carley
PS We also had ghost repellant when Carley was little....that was pre-downy ...I think mine was some type of Glade ....worked like a charm

Anonymous said...

YOUR NIECE IS BEAUTIFUL! GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER! YOUR PICTURE IS STILL PASTED TO OUR KITCHEN CABINET AS BIG AS LIFE, SO I SAY PRAYERS FOR YOU ALL THE TIME. TAKE CARE, YOU ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!

LOVE,
AMY HAERTLING

Anonymous said...

Does the Downy really work on skin wrinkles? That would be much cheaper than Botox!

Lisa H

Amy AJ said...

The wrinkle releaser is a good one - Thank God children are resiliant little creatures! I really enjoy your posts - you have an artful way of bringing humor to such a serious subject. With a talent for words you certainly chose an appropriate career. I'm not sure what that says about my choice.... Better go - someone is screaming. We'll keep praying!

Anonymous said...

If downey works on skin wrinkles then i need to close my eyes and start spraying.
the pics are great.
If you need a speech therapist I know a great one. he hee heeee!
the tip to not triping in the shower is keep your eyes open if your like me, no need to look at whats being washed .
we will come back on tues eve.
pray for a safe trip.
You are almost done with chemo and still as pretty as ever.
ghost spray is cool , maybe i will try buggy spray to keep out all of the bad guys.
love ya
twylia