Sunday, February 17, 2008

Here's a quarter...

I must be feeling better, I just mustered up enough strength to have a little tantrum about the condition of our house. It's a mess. Everyone just went to bed and here I am, left to clean up after everyone...arrrgh.
A lot of people have asked whether I am going to continue my blog. Yes, I am but I plan to do some remodeling, maybe change it a little, call it life after cancer or something.
I am really excited to get back to working a regular schedule! I called a bunch of my therapy families tonight, to let them know I'm done and I appreciate their patience with me over the past 8 months. They have all been so good about working around my schedule, with the exception of one family who did fire me...but that's another story. Other than my little tantrum, I have been happy tonight, just thinking about how much better things are going to be.
I can't believe I'm going to work tomorrow with this monster on my face. I've never seen a fever blister look like this. Did you ever see the movie Uncle Buck; remember when he visited the principal and he kept making references to the mole on her face, "hey, Buck Melonoma here", and Scott's favorite "here's a quarter- go downtown and have a rat chew that thing off your face". Megan has been providing hourly updates regarding the status of my fever blister, thanks Megs.
Emily and I had fun today. I have a new "lazy mom" activity. We sat on the couch and hitched up Butterscotch the horse and we pretended we were riding in a covered wagon, it was loads of fun with very little energy required, we played it off and on all day. I am getting good at this. My "Lazy Mom's guide" is growing. Feel free to offer any suggestions you might have.
I am loving the surveys on the blog. Right now the tattoo suggestion is tied 4-4. My parents are probably ready to provide an intervention over my desire for a tattoo. I just want something small that is hidden. I just have to figure out what I want. Heather E., I might need your help on the design.
Ok, that's all for now!
Love,
Michele

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I just bought Uncle Buck on DVD. It is one of our favorites! Carley and I are glad your chemo chapter is over and hope you feel better each day. We are praying for you and your wonderful family. I can't wait to read you continuing saga. I voted 4 the tatoo. I almost got one in Miami (yes at Miami Ink), but am going to wait until I'm closer to my drivers license weight!!!! Good luck and God Bless

Kasey said...

I am so glad your chemo is done and you are doing so well. You know that I am game for the tattoo thing. If you need a partner in crime let me know. I want to get one too but don't know what to get. I want it to have meaning though

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,
here is an ideal for your tatoo if you decide to get one, how about a semi-colon.it would not take up much space at all, say on your lower abd, near the anchor?
I to throw fits about cleaning up after everybody else, so I would say your getting back to normal, whatever normal is.
take your time getting into a full schedule to quick, as you may be very tired. you will be satisfied to get back to the hectic life of job, children, husband and anoying friends.
as far as the family that fired you what do they know.nothing at all.
lots of love,
twylia

Anonymous said...

I love the semicolon suggestion!

Linda

Anonymous said...

I USE TO BE SO AGAINST TATOOS, BUT NOW THEY SEEM TO KIND OF BE A STYLISH TREND, I SAY GO FOR IT! I DO HOPE YOU KEEP UP YOUR WEBSITE, I THINK YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK! WELL I AM THE BIG 40 TODAY! I USE TO THINK 40 SOUNDED SO OLD BUT NOW I AM THINKING IT IS NOT SO BAD! HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO FEEL BETTER AND STRONGER WITH EACH DAY, AND THAT YOUR FEVER BLISTER SHRINKS FAST.(THEY ARE SO PAINFUL!)
LOL,
AMY HAERTLING

vman1300 said...

I used to be against tattoos as well, BUT my thought process is changing. I voted yes, the Semi colon is a great idea. I am going, well maybe, with the decal I had made for my race bike, the Colon Star with "Believe" over it....I just got to figure out where to put it...I do have ALOT of real estate to choose from.

Glad you are feeling better my friend!

Believe,

Kevin

Unknown said...

Go for the tattoe Michele. I have 2 of them and love them both (both not visible unless I want them to be seen). I will get another when this is over, probably the cancer ribbon in blue of course for colon cancer and I may put it on my ankle, I want everyone to know I am a survivor. If you want, I will go with you! By the way #7 today-so far doing ok. The doc said only 5 more now, I was thrilled to hear that! Hope you are doing well, you made it!!!!!!
I am sooo proud of you!


Sandy

Unknown said...

Make that tattoo, not tattoe! Chemobrain-HAHAHA!!!

Sandy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What about a tatoo on your big toe? Easy to show people, easy to hide, shouldn't get terribly fatter or skinnier throughout your life, an excuse for regular pedicures... Let me know how badly it hurts! I'm all for continuing the blog - definately with a new name. I am still laughing about the driver's license weight. I'm tempted to go see what mine says... Happy Snow Day! I couldn't believe that I would actually have rather gone to school today! - Amy Hume