Sunday, February 10, 2008

Round 11

Round #11 Monday. Kasey is taking me. Scott was sick all last week and he needs to go back to work. I feel a lot of anxiety about this round. For the first time, I regret reading something on the Colon Club. I read where many oncologists are now stopping at Round #10 b/c one of the drugs is so hard on the body and if you go past #10, you risk long term side effects that don't go away. Many people do not make it as far as I have. I have been very very lucky that I have not suffered a serious reaction yet. I want to quit! But Scott had a good point- he said if I quit and the cancer comes back, I'll always wonder if it was b/c I quit. True.
I have said several times in the past 2 weeks that I am more impatient now that I'm close to the end. I won't say it again BECAUSE 2 people said "yeah, it's like being pregnant- you get impatient at the end". No folks, it's nothing like being pregnant. I would love to be pregnant and impatient for a baby, instead of waiting for chemo to end. There's no comparison there.
Speaking of pregnancy, my sister Linda is pregnant and this week she found out she is expecting a 3rd boy. I can't wait to have another little one to call me "Aunt Mickey".
I got a great haircut! I'll try to post some pics later this week. I can't believe how much better it looks, I can leave the house without a hat!
Keep in touch,
Love,
Michele;

10 comments:

aesparks said...

Praying for you tomorrow and everyday! I can't wait to see your haircut! I know this continues to be a challenging time for you, but just continue to lean on our Healer and know that He is in control. And best of all, the celebrations are getting really close! I love you girl and I can't wait until the chemo chapter of your life is over! Keep the faith!
Love ya,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best today. We are so proud of you!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Good luck from KC on round #11!! We'll be thinking about you all day.

B

Unknown said...

I will be thinking of you today, hang in there. You are so strong, I wish I could have made it as far as you on the oxy, but at least the Irinotecan is doing ok so far other than the chest and back pains. I have not been near as sleepy. Keep praying and give your burdens to God, He will take care of you. Glad the hair cut is good, I am going in this morning for a new do! Off a little shorter today, trying to keep from wigs but it looks like they will be coming soon according to the doc! I will pray for you and soon it will be over!

Love, Sandy

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog. You have such a way with words! Your last post about the Lifetime movie makes me laugh everytime I read it.
You are definitely doing the right thing about continuing....Trust your doctor..you've done SO WELL, I don't think you'll have ANY issues whatsoever...
Many blessings to you...
(I hope when this is all over, you'll continue your blog! I love it!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wondering, is the weather going to be a huge problem for you? Let someone know if so. Surely someone can help if needed. Isn't this weird? Day off was nice, but the roads were real bad. Hope the girls are enjoying it.

Becky W.

Kasey said...

Hope everything went well after I left. I'm so glad that Marilyn got there when she did so I could get home. It was HORRIBLE. I'm so proud of you. One more round. You can do this I have tons of faith in you! Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the cut! We are all counting down the days - none so much as you! The weather sucks - I doubt we have school tomorrow. I hope you get to rest - I'd love to come entertain your girls, but the trio that comes with me, wouldn't really be conducive to relaxing or sleeping! Prayers going up for recovery and peace of mind and a quick wait until 12. :)Amy Hume

Amy said...

I think your hair looks very cute! I'm so glad you and emily made it to the party and that we got to visit a little bit. I hope this round went well.

vman1300 said...

Hope all went well for round 11. We are praying for your family each and every day.

Believe,

Kevin