Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lilly-hammer

I saw Dr. Lilly today. Scott calls him Lilly-hammer, in reference to the Lillehammer Olympics in 1992. I had a Lillehammer t-shirt and Scott would spontaneously shout Lillehammer!!! Anyway, first I had to see the nurse practitioner. She is not friendly and I just don't like her personality. She doesn't like me either, so the feeling is mutual. I asked about the blood pressure med, how can I get off it, then I mentioned I didn't take one last week and I felt like my blood pressure was too high, I didn't feel right. She said NO, a person cannot tell when their blood pressure is high, she said that's why it's called the silent killer. Whatever. Then she tells us we can't see Dr. Lilly b/c he's busy. Excuse me??? Your office called me yesterday and asked to reschedule for today so he could see me and now he's too busy? We insisted on seeing him (see why she doesn't like me?). I wish Dr. Lilly would give her the hammer and send her packing. So he came in and answered our q's. He doesn't think my cancer will come back. He thinks my hands and feet will get better too but from what I have read on the Colon Club, I'm not so sure. He wants me to have a colonoscopy in August, along with a CT scan of my liver. Then PET scans. It's all a waiting game.
I have to say that Scott and I had the best anniversary ever, we both agreed. Even though we didn't go out or even exchange gifts, it was still special to us. Scott sent me the sweetest e-card, he even got a little mushy with it. I posted a blog on Myspace about us, he really liked that.
Today, Kasey and Emily made a poster to count down the days till we go to Duck (that's the town we're staying in when we go to the Outer Banks). We are so excited, that's the main topic of conversation in our house.
Otherwise, I feel great as far as attitude, even though I still don't feel great physically. I am too impatient, I know.
I am still trying to find time to redo my blog. So much to do! Priorities...
Michele;

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You continue to crack me up. You have GOT to publish! - Amy H

Anonymous said...

i am glad you had the best annv. ever. have a great day. and who cares what the nurses think.
twylia

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Becky W.

Kasey said...

You are so funny. I agree with Amy, you need to write a book. How could we not talk about Duck?!?! We are all STOKED!!LOL Glad you guys had a good anniversary

vman1300 said...

So glad to hear you 2 had a great anniversary. You both will always be on our prayer list and I found myself thinking alot of the people I have met through this disease while we were in Cancun this week.

I am so happy your journey with chemo is over and I will continue to pray this menace we call cancer never has to rear its head in your life again.

Believe,

Kevin