Friday, February 15, 2008

This one's for the record books...

Well, I just spent 4 hours in the chemo room getting ivs b/c I once again got dehydrated. I slept almost the entire time. I am so worn out! I have lost 8lb in 5 days, that's a record for me, I knew I should have stuck some rocks in my pocket before they weighed me, they were very concerned that I am not eating. I hate food lately. I told Dr. Lilly that I feel like food is what got me in this mess. He said no but still...I hate eating. I hope by next week I feel better about eating. But hey, I now officially weigh what my drivers license says! Never thought that would happen...lol.
I have the world's largest fever blister(s). I am contemplating calling Guinness Book, so they can come look at it. I might get famous for this one. You know it's bad when the nurse says OH my gosh! I am a freak of nature right now. I can't show my face to anyone! I knew chemo could cause them but I had successfully avoided them until now. You know what drives me crazy, when people see you and they say Oh, you have a fever blister. REALLY????? I didn't even notice my swollen, crusty, bloody lip, but thanks for telling me!!!
Nothing else to rant about, can you tell I'm feeling better, my sarcasm is coming back...
Thanks for listening!!!
Love,
Michele;

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele
hey this is tasha and I hope that you start feeling better and start eating!!!! I'm glad that you are finally done with chemo it must be a emotional feeling.I defintely wouldn't understand i'm just glad thta your done and now your life can go back to normal(w/o the dreaded trips to the hospital) We are thinking about you and we will keep you in our prayers.

vman1300 said...

Wow, I can relate to everything in this one. Lets see:

Weight loss, check. 9 lbs in 2 days last chemo.

No appetite, check. See above, lol.

Fever blister, check. Had a monster a few weeks back. Guinness book was already here, so too late, lol.

Glad you are feeling better. I know chemo is a safety blanket and now that it is over, where do you turn? You already know the answer, keep your Faith in our Savior and BELIEVE that you will always be NED!

Believe,

Kevin

Unknown said...

Yah, I am so happy you are done with chemo. I know I cannot wait for that day to come. Seven more to go. I had scans on Thursday due to major chest pain and results came in today-no change all clear since scans in Dec. My onc is going to do another scan in May when I am done, but he feels confident all will be ok on that too. I am handling the new chemo much better than the oxy, but still am having lots of pain and numbness in the fingers and lips. We need to get together sometime soon and chat. Congrats and be happy! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
If I ever weigh what my drivers licence say I would have to lose 40 pounds. Ha like thats gonna happen.
as far as the fever blister, thats ok , I'm sure you would still win americas next top model.
no appetite , pass that my way will ya.
need some bread? I will be glad to make some.
rest asure you are over the hump. my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
please let me know if i can do anything to help you.
love ya
twylia

Anonymous said...

Michele,

I love vman 1300 words of inspiration. I completely know how you feel right now. You are ecstatic to know that you never have to get chemo again! You are physically exhausted from everything that has occurred these last months. No you are scared and want to someone to tell you everything is going to be OK. I used to joke by saying - "hey can I have a 10 year or 100,000 mile warranty on my treatment plan" (referring to 10 year as the official you are out of remission). Every emotion you are feeling is normal. Now you get to begin a beautiful journey of taking it one day at a time reclaiming your life. You get to have a new sense of how wonderful each day is and watch as your body bounces back to 100% normal (which for me took a little while when it came to my stamina).

Back to those wonderful words of wisdom. Now is the time that you completely rely on your faith. The next time you go to church, meditate on Jesus up on the cross. He went through all of that for everyone of us so that we could be healed. So my mind set was always this - everytime fear came that was Satan trying to make me feel that I wasn't worthy enough to receive his healing. So I would meditate on leaving all of those fears with Jesus while he was on the cross because that is why he went through it all. It still brings me to tears thinking of it. That is what he wants us to do. Believe in him no matter what 100% of the time.

I am proud of you!!!! Shawna

Unknown said...

Hey girl, go for the tattoo. I plan to get one when I am done. I already have 2 that I had done years ago. If you decide to do it, let me know or maybe we can go together when I get thru my treatment.