Friday, February 22, 2008

Thinking "inside" the box...

I am feeling better. Believe it or not, I made it thru 11 rounds of chemo and never got sick and then I caught a cold after #11, I ended up getting an antibiotic for a sinus infection. My blood clot problem decided to move to my nose and I have been passing all kinds of clots out my nose. The nose bleeds are terrible this time.
I am going to construct a "cancer box". I plan to put all my cancer things in it and seal it up, hopefully I will look at it in 30 years and think Oh, yeah, that was a rough year. I am mentally making a list of what will go in it. I know I will put in my medic alert bracelet, all the hundreds of cards I've received, the hundreds of EOB's I've gotten (so I can remember just how much this is costing my insurance...lol), my brown gloves that I wear religiously, all my cancer books, hats, etc. I very briefly thought about putting my snowman blankie in there but I can't part with it! You might have some clever ideas to suggest. Like a pic of a pork chop or something silly. I have taken very few pics of myself thru this journey, I don't plan to scrapbook any of it (if you know me, you know that's a rare statement, I scrapbook everything).
Please say a prayer for Shawndra Turner, many of you read her blog. She is struggling right now with a lot of emotions and I feel so bad for her. I am starting to feel a little guilt about the fact that I am done with chemo and so many of my cancer friends are still struggling. I can remember when I was there, wanting to be the one that was done. Also, little baby Matthew is having some serious problems right now and needs some strong prayers.
I have been so busy this week and I'm loving it! I am so happy to be working a regular schedule again. I love my job so much, not many people can say that. I am blessed.
Thanks for listening. Have a great weekend.
Love,
Michele;

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,
I think you should put descriptions of all of the characters you met in chemo (scruffy, cancerbreath, recycle guy, etc) just so you can remember and have a chuckle one day. Also -be sure to print all of your posts and comments from the blog - you'll want to read those. Maybe Emily and Megan will want to put something in your box (perhaps one of the animals that gave birth, received CPR in the grocery store or were "road kill" in the drawer?) HA HA

It was so good to see you on Wednesday - you seemed so excited and happy to be feeling better. I'm glad to see the "cloud" over your head moving away! I can't wait for your party.

Pam A.

Anonymous said...

I hope you publish your blog into a book about your journey through cancer and place that in your box.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Michele,

When I read this blog tonight it brought back so many memories. I only allowed one picture to be taken of me while I was going through it as well (it was Christmas) besides that - I despised anyone who would try but usually they didn't ask.
I love your idea of putting things away. I too (probably not as creative as you) bought a cheap rubbermade container, threw everything related to it (except for my breast cancer informational book for quick reference) that I could find including my wigs and hats. I then gave it to my husband and said store it away so I don't have to see it. I have never asked but I think it he put it in the attic. To this day, I never want to see it again. And there are days I still meditate that I gave it all away by faith and remember "with his stripes we are healed".

You are so strong!!!

Many Blessings,
Shawna