Sunday, September 2, 2007

Almost Like a Song

Hello. I will start by saying thanks for all the prayers. I had a realization last week just how far my story has reached. I went to the dentist. This is something that has to be done before chemo starts, to make sure you don't have mouth rot or something of the sort. So, I had to tell the dental hygienist my story. I had never met her before. As she starts cleaning my teeth, she says "I think I have been praying for you." She had heard my story from a friend!
Physically, I am feeling good. I am going back to work this week, for a few hours a day. Emotionally, I am up and down. I can hit a 1 or 2 on the cry scale, without warning. Picture this, I am cutting up a watermelon (another food I can't live without these days), Ronnie Milsap is on tv singing "It was almost like a song" and I hit a 1. Go figure.
Every time I see a doctor, nurse, etc there are 3 questions I always get asked. Do you smoke, do you drink, are you diabetic. I always say no, no, no. This week, Dr. Lilly asked me again. Scott said jokingly, I could never get her to drink. Dr. Lilly actually said I would do better with chemo if I was a heavy drinker!!! He said his alcoholic patients have less nausea and vomiting with chemo!!! Unfortunately, I think it's too late to start, so don't anyone be bringing over any Jack Daniels, haha.
By the way, scroll down to the bottom of this screen, there is a colossal size pic of Scott and me in Vegas. And I was drinking!!!
Keep in touch.
Michele

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am sure you feel much better now that you know that you do not have mouth rot!?! I wish I had known all that drinking I used to do could be good for something ... maybe I would have kept drinking! Of course, once you have a child, hangovers hurt more than they used to (I think there is a song about that) and you just do not have time for them. Okay I will now stop my attempt at some humor -- which I am not very good at, obviously. Hang in there and stay strong. You have a lot of people praying for you and cheering you on. So try to imagine some of us - let's say somewhat vintage girls -- in cheerleading outfits cheering you on. Now that just might be funny!

Anonymous said...

Okay I forgot to sign my name to the last post and I do not want anyone else to be blamed for my poor attempts at humor!

Kim Price