Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm OK

Whew! I feel much better. Turns out I had PMS- I wasn't depressed after all, haha. Once again, my family dropped everything and raced over here to make sure I was ok. I'm still weak but I'm trying to eat, well they are practically force feeding me, but my mood is better. I got a visit from Di A. Ria, she's so rude, she came a' knockin' at 5:30 this morning, woke me right up!
So now I know what to expect, Day 5 & 6 were the hardest for me. I was in bed for 2 days. The girls tried to cheer me up. Emily crawled in bed with me and we sang the old HeeHaw song, Gloom, despair, agony on me...This brought some much needed laughter.
So, anyway, my sister Donna said I better send an update, letting everyone know I'm ok. She's my oldest sister, always has been the one to boss me around, haha; she's the food police too, she keeps telling me to eat, I know none of you out there reading this have ever been bossed by Donna, haha.
I also wanted to mention- My friend Pam A. called me the other day, happy to report she found a great bumper sticker for me. It said "I'm only speeding because I need to poop!" We got a good laugh over that one. Thanks, Pam for calling that one in.
Thanks for the prayers!!!
Michele

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you! Seriously, if you are ever in a really rough spot, any of us would drop what we are doing and come help. Heck, I haven't taken off from work for a personal day in a long time, so I got it coming. Take care, we pray for you every day!
Becky W.

Anonymous said...

Anything that tastes good? (I'll send Pat right over!) Seriously, I can do more than drive-thru - I occasionally walk in and order at a counter or Pat cooks an awesome chicken and dumplin's... I'm willing to take some stress of Big Sis and send some bites your way. :) Amy H

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michele, I too have been bossed by Donna. She was the boss of me for several years. All kidding aside, she is probably still on meds from having to manage me every day. I was fortunate to get a great friend out of the deal. I know in a pinch I would want Donna in my corner. I am so glad you are in better spirits today. Many prayers have come your way. PMS will get you every time! Keep your chin up and "port chop" under control.

Thinking of you,
Kim and Carley Tisdale

Anonymous said...

PMS is a kicker! So glad you are feeling better!
Contnue to think of you and pray for you!
Jess in Nebraska

Anonymous said...

Michele this is a battle you are going to win, there are so many people praying for you.
Donna's bark is worse than her bite, she has a big heart. As a big sister myself, we tend to be pushy, bossy and think we know what is best for our siblings. Even if you don't believe us. We mean well.
Praying for you
Trisha

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh,
PMS strikes again, its a good thing men don't have it, nothing would ever get done for sure.
ANYTIME you need ANYTHING call me you have both of my numbers.
being there is what friends do.
much love,
twylia

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Hi Michelle,

I just found your blog and wanted to say Hi. I am 34 y.o. and was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer last September. I finished chemo about 4 months ago and so let me say - I *know* what you are going through. Yuck! It sounds like you have a good attitude and a loving family and that counts for so much. Keep on kickin'

-Megan

shortcolon.blogspot.com