Wednesday, September 5, 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!

PET SCANS WERE CLEAR!!!
Dr. Lilly said I had the most boring PET scans, no voracious tumors that he can melt away; I'm not kidding, that's what he said.
So here's the plan: The port surgery will be Sept 14th, chemo starts on the 17th.
As most of you know, the fair is next week. We had made plans to go to the fair concert on the 13th. There seems to be something inherently wrong with going to the fair the night before a surgery, no matter how minor the procedure. It seems somewhat "redneckish" as in "Bubba, load em up, I'm goin' to the fair 'fore they cut me open!" And then of course, when that guy in surgery asks what I had to eat, I'll have to say pulled pork, cheesecake on a stick, fried taters...By the way, I do have my appetite back, can you tell.
Scott says he is the luckiest man alive. Now his wife will have an anchor AND a port.
Thanks for all the prayers, they must be working- I went back to work this week and I feel great!!!
Love,
Michele

6 comments:

Timbit said...

My prayers are with you and your family

Anonymous said...

That's not good news - that's GREAT NEWS!

Anonymous said...

Michele,
Congratulations on your great news!!!!!! About the fair....I think you totally missed a great opportunity. Girl, I say you go to the fair and before you have to fast, eat all the fried twinkies and funnel cakes you can hold. Keep us posted on your progress :}Kim Tisdale

Anonymous said...

I say it is not redneck-ish at all to go to the fair before any surgery... Have fun! If this has taught you anything it is to relax and enjoy life! Music and laughter is the best medicine anyway! Seize the day!

*Hugs*
Linda

Anonymous said...

AWESOME news on the PET scan being clear.

I agree that you should go to the fair and enjoy all the sweets and treats your body can handle. There is no better time than the present to enjoy the great fair food and a fun time out with your family.

You must enjoy the good days to the fullest to hold those precious memories over for the bad days.

Anonymous said...

YEEEAAAA! I loved the Good News post. I laughed out loud when I got to the Bubba part. Just remember, we are all laughin', cryin', prayin' and sendin' you nothin' but the best (now be sure to read that in "Bubba" talk!!)
Thanks for the posts.
Florence Harold